Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) is a strategic business unit in Honeywell. HBS installs and maintains the systems to help keep buildings and facilities safe, secure, comfortable and cost-efficient, and is a leading providing of energy efficiency solutions worldwide. HBS specializes in the service of critical building systems, including heating, ventilation and air conditioning, building automation, fire, security and energy management.
HBS currently has an exciting opportunity for a Solution Design & Estimating role within Central Estimating – Large Projects Business & Sales Support Europe who will be responsible for generating budgetary and firm cost estimates for Projects and/or Service Maintenance Agreements. The candidate will work as a team player in assigned geography, generating cost estimates. They will act as a resource in support of the sale to address the customer’s technical and application requirements to ultimately provide an accurate cost of the solution. This position will partner with the technical teams, vendors, customers, consulting engineers, sales, contractors, delivery and support the bid team to deliver estimates in a timely manner that are scoped and cost engineered correctly. All estimates will be expected to be within accordance of HBS business objectives and strategies and ultimately deliver customer satisfaction.
• Develop solution designs and cost effective professional estimates and identify explicit proposal inclusions and risk analysis to be prepared.
• Accurate and timely estimates which include scope, material and labor effort by skilled discipline.
• Obtain vendor quotes for all supplies and sub-contracted work. Work with the different organizations to solicit bids from sub-contractors. Assist in finding potential strategic partners to reduce costs and increase efficiencies.
• Provides recommendations of alternative solutions.
• Supports sales professionals, bid managers and customers during the technical requirement definition and solution development sales process steps.
• Maintain product knowledge and technical skills to current standards and portfolio.
25 Develop Estimates
25 Identify Proposal Inclusions
25 Create Alternate Solutions
25 Build relationships between internal customers
• 3 years professional experience on Solutions Designs, Technical Commercial Proposals for HVAC Mechanical or Electrical disciplines.
• Technical degree in any of Buildings Installations, Energy, Electrical, Electronics, Automation, Computer Science or related.
• Proficiency in English and any of French, German or Italian languages.
• HVAC Automation and BMS awareness.
• Expertize to translate technical solutions into detailed cost elements.
• Proficiency with Excel.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and foster relationships between various internal customers.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.