Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The ACST organization within Honeywell has an immediate opening for a qualified Mechanical Design Engineer experienced in Solidworks to assist in the design and documentation of a very unique industrial application. The position will be required to work with senior mechanical/electrical engineers and scientists to support the creation of design data for highly complex mechanical and electrical designs. Based on experience, the candidate may assist in modeling and simulation of advanced hardware, as well as supporting the fabrication and assembly of all forms of complex mechanical devices, working from initial prototype to final deployable or deliverable product.
· Support the documentation of design data by creating drawing for mechanical and electrical assemblies.
· Solve complex problems through analysis and innovation; solutions may become part of standard operating procedure.
· Partner with the on-site or external machine shops to support the fabrication and assembly of designs
· Understand, analyze, and manage complex customer requirements, then translate them into innovative prototypes based on creative design and fabrication techniques
The location site for this position is Broomfield, CO or Golden Valley MN.
30 Engineering analysis
35 Design engineering
35 Product certification
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen
· Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
· Experience with Microsoft Office tool suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong leadership, interpersonal relationship and team skills
· Experience with PDM systems
· Design experience using CAD tools such as Pro-E, Solidworks
· Ability to perform complex mechanical design and analysis; vibration, thermal, deformation, structural analysis, interference tolerance, etc
· Proficient with Mechanical Engineering Tools such as ANSYS, ProE, MasterCAM, Solidworks, and/or Toolpath
· Experience with Opto-mechanical design
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.