Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell Aerospace offers an opportunity for a talented mixed signal hardware design engineer to join Advanced Technology organization in Brno, Czech republic. You will work in the Electro-Mechanical Systems department on the development of innovative motor controller technologies for aerospace. Many of the products we target require detailed high integrity design for critical aerospace applications.
As a member of cross-functional team, your work will span from the early stage technology research up to the prototype demonstration in the relevant environment. This role assumes ability to deal with challenging and often conflicting design requirements in an innovative way. If you like to learn new things and enjoy being challenged by work beyond the state of the art, you might be the right person.
Your specific role will include:
· Definition of the architecture and electrical interfaces for the airborne motor controllers with DSPs, MCUs, FPGAs
· Negotiation of requirements and specifications
· Assessment of new electronic technologies and components
· Performing trade studies for selection of architectures, sensors and electronic components
· Definition of low-level hardware requirements for the electronic circuits and interfaces
· Documentation of design and analyses, creating of interface control documents, reports
· Analog and digital circuit design (I/O and sensor interfaces – temperature, position, speed)
· Performing analysis and simulations (P-SPICE/LTSpice, signal and power integrity)
· Schematic design - from breadboards to prototype units capable to survive in harsh environment
· Collaboration on the printed board layout with layout engineers
· Collaboration with other designers – power electronic engineers, thermal and mechanical engineers
· Solving issues with mechanical integration of the printed board assemblies into the higher-level assembly
· Design for reliability, failure modes analysis
· Design for EMI/EMC and specified environment (extreme temperatures, vibrations)
· Laboratory and environmental testing of the prototype boards and units
· Supporting and conducting informal and formal design reviews (peer reviews, customer reviews)
35 Research and Development
Exempt Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.