Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
You will have an important role as a Laboratory focal in Safety and productivity solutions (SPS) business in Honeywell, supporting and protecting the corporation’s reputation as a supplier of high quality and products and solutions which protect the safety of millions of workers worldwide.
You will be responsible for ensuring day to day operations in the laboratory. This includes equipment maintenance, calibrations as well as ensuring each laboratory is a safe and enjoyable place to work. Moreover, you will be responsible for the quality management system for the whole laboratory and for the ISO 17025 certification and its maintenance.
You will have a major role working with test and design teams to identify the missing test capability. To this end, you will be managing the selection, ordering process and implementation of new test equipment into the lab space, which will expose you to new suppliers and test methodologies. You will leverage your experience to define the right work instructions and identify any risks related to the test equipment. You will be able to cooperate on test standardization, automatization and test reuse to support business operations.
· Operations and maintenance of the SPS Laboratory
· Responsibility for the lab equipment management, calibrations and repairs
· Introducing new equipment into existing laboratory space and cooperating with “health, safety and environment” (HSE) organization
· Manages the selection and ordering process for any new equipment as per requirements by test teams and R&D
· Responsibility general Quality management system (QMS) for the laboratory, including HSE and 5S in Laboratory space
· Defines working instructions and procedures for the SPS Laboratory as well as identification of workplace risks
· Collects and keeps teams' requirements taking them into account for future development
· Communicate the SPS Lab's capabilities within the organization
· Responsible for managing ISO 17025 and ISO 9001 certifications of the laboratory (authorized to communicate with Czech Metrology Institute and Czech Institute for Accreditation)
· Actively cooperate in internal/external laboratory audits
· Active participation in improvements of the testing methodologies
25 Continuous improvement
15 Risk analysis
10 Auditor of process
20 Process definition
30 Drive technical solutions
· Bachelor’s Degree or graduate degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering degree required,
· At least 5 years of experience in laboratory operations
· Experience with ISO 17025, ISO 9001
· Czech/Slovak and English languages oral and written on excellent level (Minimal B2, preferred C1/C2)
· Standard office tools knowledge, ability to learn new SW systems and tools
· Any certification or membership in an international authority/committee is an advantage
· Experience using quality tools and methodologies (5S, Rapid problem solving, FMEA…)
· Previous experience with testing
· Previous experience with creating, managing and controlling work instructions
· Excellent communication skills
· Good understanding of testing methodologies is an advantage
· Need to be able to understand standards and their requirements
· Project management skills
· Willing to travel domestic and/or international
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.