Sr Accounting Manager
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 130,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity.
An excellent career opportunity within the Advanced Materials business is currently available for a Senior Accounting Manager / Site Controller / Leader located at FP’s Baton Rouge, LA site. This role is a leadership role within the Honeywell finance organization. The position reports to FP’s ISC Senior Finance Manager and has 1 direct report.
- Manage $70M of expenses for the Baton Rouge plant, partner with plant leadership.
- Provide technical accounting support for revenue recognition, accruals, expense recognition, and capital vs. expense decision making. Prepare and post monthly journal entries. Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Maintain a robust controls and compliance environment for site. Responsible for site internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, including income statement and balance sheet reporting, fixed assets, inventory, journal entries, and plant controllership. Support and complete Annual Balance Sheet Review and any applicable financial audits.
- Monthly and other recurring reporting, including month-end spend reporting and analysis, variance analysis, forecasting, productivity reporting, control scorecards, and metric tracking and reporting.
- Develop productivity plans with site and drive accountability to annual targets. Partner with site leadership team to drive financial discipline for site. Ad hoc reporting and measuring financial benefit of activities.
- Capital and resource allocation support for sites - including financial modeling and return on investment analysis for specific projects/investments. Influencing site to appropriate decisions.
- HOS (Honeywell Operation System) implementation- supporting ISC (Integrated Supply Chain) team as needed with financial metrics and support and be a key member of the HOS team, driving HOS compliance and implementation, and supporting daily / weekly HOS related tasks (Gemba, Cultural Alignment, etc.).
- Annual operating plan - lead process for site including presentation to FP leadership team as needed. Partner with other disciplines at site. Create and update annual standard setting process for site, including ownership of standard cost results.
- 5-Year STRAP (Strategic Plan) - provide and lead support role for site ISC team, including analysis of cost needed to support STRAP demand plan.
- Monthly / weekly forecasting process for ISC spending, production credits, and variances. Ad hoc forecasting and reporting as needed.
Ad hoc Financial Planning & Analysis projects as needed to support FP Finance Director
70 Financial Management and Controllership of Baton Rouge plant
5 Business Partnering with Plant Leadership
10 Period forecasting
10 close activities
5 Plant Leadership
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience with plant accounting, SAP, financial modeling, reporting, andanalysis.
- Understanding of accounting policies and G.A.A.P.
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred, including standard cost processand variances.
- Experience utilizing financial application tools, particularly SAP or anequivalent ERP system
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand plant and business activities with a view broader than just the finance function
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and communicate financial data to non-financial personnel
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Possesses excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented, proactive, able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and capable of a high level of accuracy
- Process oriented, proactively questions current practices and drives improvements
- Preferred candidate should be relocatable for future career growth within Honeywell.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Performance Materials and Technologies
- Some Travel Required
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD21419
- Category: Finance
- Location: Ontario & Lupine Streets, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-2830 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.