Big Data Lead
Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates Honeywell’s IIoT platform. You will use your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
Identify and propose technical improvements using your software engineering knowledge and principals
Accelerate innovation and growth, teaming with the world's most talented engineers
We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Honeywell is the opportunity you’ve been looking for
35 Lead developing and implementing new architecture and design patterns
35 Experience in developing and building applications to collect and process very large amounts of data
30 Experience in working with at least one NoSQL system (HBase, Cassandra, Mongo etc.)
Experience range: 7 10 Years
Relevant experience: 4+ years (better if they are IIoT projects/domain)
Big Data Lead
· Lead developing and implementing new architecture and design patterns to process and store high volume IIoT data sets.Lead developing and implementing new architecture and design patterns to process and store high volume IIoT data sets.
· Optimize deployments for minimal latency and maximum throughput, via code tuning, os tweaks, network tweaks, collocated deployments etc
· Up to 50% time in hands-on development.
· Mentor junior engineers on design, coding and troubleshooting
· Managing team tasks and delivery quality.
· Work closely with DevOps to define CI/CD pipelines and release cycles.
· Troubleshoot issues effectively in a distributed cloud based deployment.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in developing and building applications to collect and process very large amounts of data (structured and unstructured), including streaming real-time data (Spark, Flink or other such tools).
- Experience in working with at least one NoSQL system (HBase, Cassandra, Mongo etc.). In-depth knowledge of schema design to effectively tackle the requirement.
- Should have developed and deployed data ingestion, aggregation, integration and advanced analytics pipelines in Hadoop, with Map Reduce, Pig/Hive, Spark etc.
- Experience in working with cloud based deployments. Understanding of containers & container orchestration (Swarm or Kubernetes). Should understand cloud security, networking and storage internals in a cloud deployment.
- Good understanding of branching, build, deployment, continuous integration methodologies
- Experience in researching, evaluating & recommending/ selecting new tools, frameworks and patterns to build a sustainable big data platform.
- Presented technology solutions to senior leadership and have influenced architecture choices.
- Experience in translating functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
- Experience working in agile teams. Good understanding of PI planning, Story point estimations & Scrum.
- Contribution to OSS, blogs, Forum Q&A, Meetup presentations etc.
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- Effective communicator
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Can quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts
Exempt Discover Honeywell Intelligrated
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: HRD20653
- Category: Engineering
- Location: HW Camp II,Bldgs 9A&9B,Plot C2,RMZ Ecoworld,Varturhobli, Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road, Bangalore, KA 560103 IND
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.