Eastern Region Business Development Director
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for an Eastern Region Business Director in the Honeywell Fire Group, part of Honeywell Building Technologies. The Eastern Business Development Director is responsible for leading a team of Business Development Managers in executing order, revenue, margin, working capital and strategic goals of Honeywell’s Gamewell FCI, Farenhyt Series lines of business.
- Lead, coach, mentor multiple Business Development Managers in Eastern Territory
- Develop, fine tune, and implement sales MOS (management operating system)
- Optimize sales performance through Commercial Excellence, HOS and Lean practices
- Work with VP Business Development, others to develop new strategies for growth
- Rigorously utilize SFDC and Construct Connect Insight CMD tools to track sales and develop bid negotiated project opportunities
- Provide monthly, quarterly sales forecast to improve SIOP process and on-time deliveries
- Drive corporate and line of business growth strategies, measure and track success
- Complete annual business partner plans with sales team
- Develop and maintain relationships with key ESDs
- Travel with BDMs to provide sales support
- Improve quality of distribution channel by ensuring ESD requirements are met and terminating poor performing ESDs-Develop more A1 ESDs
- Ensure sales team provides business development direction to ESDs with the potential to grow
- Understand target markets and develop market strategies for sales success
- Share best practices and measure for success with sales and functional support teams
- Ensure ESDs possess a strong understanding of local competition and the fire industry
- Ensure sales team educate ESDs on local and national code requirements
- Ensure ESDs have a written business plan, measure and track for success
- Identify and develop potential national account opportunities
- Attend and support corporate meetings as needed
- Manage geographic territories in absence of BDM
- Collaborate with other functional teams to ensure success of Honeywell Fire
- Manage sales expenses to plan
- Recruit and hire new BDM candidates. Complete onboarding requirements
- Complete mid-year and year-end reviews for BDMs
Ability and willingness to travel 75% of time
20 Identify Opportunities
20 Manage and Plan Accounts
20 Negotiate and Close
20 Manage Momentum Through the Sales Cycle
20 Establish Rapport with Customers
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years of successful technical product sales in the fire alarm industry
- Knowledge of applicable life safety codes - NFPA72, IFC/IBC, NFPA101, NFPA70
- MBA preferred
- Minimum NICET II certified in Fire Alarm or equivalent
- Collaborative leadership style
- Ability to manage a team through goal setting
- Proven track record of developing relationships with business owners
- Previous experience selling in a manufacture-to-dealer business model
- Working knowledge of accounting/finance related to small business P&L
- Consultative selling skills
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Job ID: HRD31292
- Category: Sales
- Location: 1190 W Druid Hills Dr Ste 305, Atlanta, GA 30329 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.