Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Designs, administers, and directs Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Numerical Control (N/C) programs, procedures, and/or related projects. Perform visual and mechanical inspection of mechanical components, subassemblies, completed assemblies for internally and externally manufactured items. Ability to be a team player; and ability to obtain a "Q" clearance are required.
Summary of Duties:
· Performs assigned departmental administrative duties. Conducts process engineering functions as needed to assist in engineering project completion or product realization.
· Analyzesproduct definition drawings or computerized data bases for appropriate method of accomplishing the requested CMM N/C program.
· Develops an inspection process methodology or reviews requested methodology for operational feasibility and completeness.
· Develops tool, probe, or measuring machine paths utilizing tool axis control for multi-axis operations including determining validity of selected measuring probes to perform the requested operation.
· Performs verification of part programs to ensure resultant data will produce or inspect product to quality requirements including utilization of computerized tools.
· Performs project Software Quality Assurance (SQA) steps and metrics in all project assignments, including the creation of a documentation folder for each CMM N/C program and participates in the validation of CMM N/C programs in manufacturing areas.
· Defines, develops, and improves machining processes, and identifies and resolves CMM N/C manufacturing problems.
· Perform visual and mechanical inspection of mechanical components, subassemblies, completed assemblies for internally and externally manufactured items.
· Develop or participate in the development of inspection manuals, process description, and work instructions based on a comprehensive knowledge of product inspection.
· Work from drawings, Engineering Orders, specifications, records of assembly, work orders, and other written or verbal instructions.
· Develop inspection plans, set-ups, and fixtures, using applicable mathematics to calculate values, to enable in-process and final inspections.
· Uses a variety of measuring and test equipment such as coordinate measuring machine (CMM), optical comparator, hardness tester, calipers, micrometers, and gages for mechanical measurements.
· Review production drawings for correctness/conformance to specified requirements and feasibility of manufacture based on comprehensive knowledge of product.
· Initiate and/or complete necessary quality records, test data, computer entries, and other inspection documentation required to document acceptance or rejection of material.
· Interface with production/purchasing, process engineering, vendors, fabrication and external customers in accordance with inspection procedures and to provide assistance when needed.
20 Process Support and Improvement
20 Strategy Support
20 Customer Support
20 Talent Management
20 Review, Update and Processing
You Must Have:
· High School diploma or GED required
· At least 4 years of experience and training in Geometric, Dimensioning, and Tolerancing (GD&T).
· Minimum of 4 years of CMM N/C programming experience on equipment including managing CMM N/C assignments or projects
· Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Technology, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing Engineering or a related degree
· Experience with ZEISS CALYPSO software.
· Demonstrated ability to independently manage CMM N/C assignments or projects
· Demonstrated mathematical aptitude to perform statistical analyses.
· Proven ability in decision making, organization, and problem solving.
· Effective & demonstrated verbal and written communication.
· Effective & demonstrated interpersonal and teaming skills.
Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.