Honeywell Export Compliance Investigator in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Export Compliance Investigator
Honeywell Aerospace is a Strategic Business Group with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense, and space industries. Aerospace Export Compliance enables the strategic objectives of our global business while maintaining Honeywell’s commitment to export compliance in all the countries in which we do business.Our team achieves this mission by providing export guidance and advice, obtaining export authorizations, and developing company-wide processes, training, and internal controls to enhance compliance, reduce costs, and improve efficiency.
This position supports the Director, Export Compliance Investigations and M&A with conducting investigations and other issue-specific reviews to identify and reduce export compliance risks.
- Assist with internal investigations of potential escapes of export controlled data and hardware.
- Participate in fact-finding efforts to include: employee interviews, export authorization reviews, and data extraction/analysis from Honeywell systems of record (SAP/GTS/EASE/DEXcenter/TeamCenter).
- Research, evaluate, and apply U.S. and local jurisdiction export laws and regulations.
- Prepare reports summarizing key findings and recommendations.
Assist in drafting voluntary disclosures and related documents/exhibits.
Coordinate with the Director, Export Compliance Investigations and M&A to design, implement, and monitor corrective actions, process improvements, and trainings as applicable.
This position may be located at any Honeywell US Aerospace location
30 Develop corrective actions
25 Fact finding efforts
35 Review and apply export laws
10 Draft voluntary disclosures
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's Degree plus four years of experience (in Export Compliance or related field including legal, audits, compliance or investigations) or
- Advanced Degree plus one year experience in Export Compliance or related field including legal, audits, compliance or investigations)
- Law Degree, MBA, or higher education preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. export regulations (EAR, ITAR, and OFAC) and global export regimes preferred.
- Experience in drafting and submitting export license applications and proposed agreements helpful.
- Sound business judgment and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage tasks for multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong writing skills.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt certification preferred.
- Audit and training experience directly related to export controls helpful.
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt
- Job ID: HRD4651
- Category: Legal
- Location: ., Washington DC, DC 20001 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.