Honeywell Strategic Marketing Manager in United States
Role: Strategic Marketing Manager
Strategic Marketing Manager is responsible & accountable for defining the mid to long term strategy for the business, supported by strong execution plan. This includes defining the rolling 5-year strategic plan (STRAP), identifying new growth opportunities for the business, driving pricing initiatives along with the larger marketing team, driving key strategic projects within the business, supporting product marketing team in identifying customer needs and creating a differentiated offering with strong value proposition to serve these needs while ensuring high ROI for the business, drive revenue and gross margin as per defined AOP/targets.
Strategic Marketing Manager will work closely with larger marketing team, sales team, technical team, customers and channel partners and will represent the business in senior leadership reviews and discussions pertaining to STRAP.
We are looking for a self-driven, pro-active, mature marketing professional with strong analytical, functional and financial skills to take challenges head on, have the right mix of strategic thinking and tactical execution skills to help grow the business faster than market, profitably. The candidate should be willing to work with diverse & large cross-functional teams spread across India and should have strong logical, communication (verbal and written) & influencing skills supported by meticulous planning & execution rigour.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and execute strategic plans for business and profitability growth:
• End to end ownership and accountability to prepare the rolling 5 year strategic plan (STRAP) for the business
• Analyze long-term market trends, customer needs, and evaluate competitive landscape in order to develop a business strategy that ensures long-term success
• Identify, evaluate and execute organic growth strategies by product line and customer segments
• Identify, evaluate and execute inorganic growth strategies including acquisitions, alliance, licensing, and partnership opportunities linked to the strategic plan
• Identify and develop adjacent products, markets, and regional opportunities
• Create prioritized strategic technology development plan and analyze and report any issues related to Product approval and New Product Introduction activities
• Conduct portfolio analysis and assessment to identify revenue and growth opportunities by customer and product segments
Drive marketing Excellence:
• Conduct thorough assessment of customer and market requirements, new and existing technologies, current strategies and branding/positioning opportunities
• Define and manage competitive intelligence process
• Improve pricing excellence and impact
• Evaluate current go-to-market and business models to identify and implement actions to significantly enhance effectiveness
• Ensure functional strategies align with and support overall business strategy
• Use Honeywell’s Management Operating System (MOS) to drive right behaviors & results
• Strategic mind-set with strong analytical & quantitative skills with logical reasoning capabilities
• Strong problem solving ability; rigorous and resourceful with a pragmatic approach - applying 80-20 rule and coming up with directionally sound logic to navigate through limited data situations
• Experience in conducting secondary and primary research; competitive analysis
• Identifying and understanding market and technology trends, and linking them to business strategy; strong aptitude for technology
• Understanding of macroeconomics, microeconomics and financial concepts and the link them to business strategy
• Strong financial and excel modelling skills, and excellent power point slide preparation
• Able to effect change through results, leadership and influence; Global mindset
• Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills to deliver effectively right message to the right audience
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams, spread across different cities
• Well versed with MS Office; Familiarity with CRM programs (e.g. SFDC)
• Leadership: A confident, mature person with the ability to connect with others. Ability to create & lead teams that successfully achieve milestones and complete deliverables.
• Ethics: Highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility.
• Problem Solver: A creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented. Should be able to structure a problem irrespective of domain.
• Analytical Thinking and Decision-Making: A strong understanding of market trends/issues who can then integrate that thinking into marketing and business strategies. Decisive and logical at thoroughly evaluating issues. Excellent planning, execution and project-management skills.
• Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills: A team player, receptive to ideas from others. Shares information and keeps stakeholders informed. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with a diverse work force. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage conflict with the team.
• Results-Oriented: A driver who possesses the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner
• MBA from a reputed institution
• Work experience of 8-10 years with 4-5 years in corporate strategy / operational strategy / strategic marketing role in a large fir and some management consulting experience
• Experience in managing multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, making sound decisions and working effectively with cross-functional teams
• Strong written & oral communication skills
• Customer facing experience in B2B businesses is preferred
• Experience in market segmentation, pricing, strategic business planning & financial modelling is valuable
• Results driven track record – proven ability to translate strategies into action and results
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.