Honeywell Sr. TS/CPS Specialist–Gasoline in United States
Sr. TS/CPS Specialist – Gasoline
The Sr. TS/CPS Specialist will be responsible for TS review of CPS deliverables in Gasoline technologies, with additional TS accountabilities for process units in Gasoline technologies.
1. Assist with customer implementations and new development for CPS. Responsibilities include auditing current and future CPS applications, developing fault models, and identifying additional opportunities to add value to CPS installations.
2. Participate in kickoff meetings to ensure the CPS offerings are implemented to satisfy specific customer needs. Responsibilities include operational review with the customer, guiding interface changes based on the customer design vs. the CPS template and assisting with baselining operations to determine the benefit basis.
3. Participate in CPS solution rollouts with the customer. Responsibilities include reviewing the CPS application with the customer and ensuring that the application accurately reflects the customer design basis.
4. Periodically review the CPS application results with the customer. Responsibilities include reviewing the CPS customer dashboard on a business day basis and advising the customer on actions suggested through the CPS solution.
5. Assist the CPS data science team with new and existing applications. Responsibilities include identifying CPS data science opportunities and translating these opportunities to the data science team to build actionable pro-active models.
6. Work with CPS engineering team to review the recommendations for the solution and suggest unit specific constraints to the team.
7. Review customer DCS/PI alarm limits and provide UOP insight on improving/correcting the alarm limits considering the customer unit specific constraints.
8. Adding value to CPS recommendations on a consistent basis and take accountability in reviewing/updating/approving the Fault Model/Action Panels/Dashboard.
9. Work with engineering team (on need basis) during the simulation build phase for suggesting alternate sampling/measurement point to make the solution work effectively considering customer constraints
10. Suggest improvement in customer instruments/sampling frequency if needed for an effective CPS solution.
11. Understand customer existing KPI`s and add value to customer existing performance system through CPS dashboard for a PRA solution.
12. Evaluate commercial operations of UOP’s gasoline technology process units , and assist customers in achieving their goals.
13. Participate in Research & Development (R&D) technology development and improvement projects, bringing commercial perspectives and key data to the team.
14. Provide sales support: including technical and commercial perspective, recommendations on guarantees, unit start-up support and turn-around support and analysis of commercial operating experience.
15. Participate in guarantee resolution projects by coordinating problem investigation efforts and developing solutions. Work with UOP departments and licensees to deliver corrective measures.
16. Create operating procedures and process improvement techniques that maximize customer earnings while meeting the highest standards for safety.
17. Champion change and improvement in technologies supported via innovation.
18. Participate in engineering review meetings for new units and revamps including Design Basis, Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP), Model Reviews, and others activities.
19. Serve as focal point for office-based support, working with customers to rectify issues.
20. Keep current with customer needs through technology support, communication of changes, and incorporation of relevant changes into appropriate documents.
Basic Candidate Qualifications:
1. B.E. / B.Tech. degree in Chemical Engineering is required.
2. 10-15 years of experience in a technical service or process operations role within the refining and petrochemical industry is required.
Additional Candidate Qualifications:
1. Experience in technical service or operation of UOP Gasoline Technology process units is essential.
2. 3-5 years of UOP Services or equivalent refinery process operations or technical services experience is considered ideal.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Solid comprehensive and problem solving skills.
5. Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
6. Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
7. Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
8. Ability to travel 25% annually to both domestic and international
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.