Honeywell Sr Process Control Engineer in United States
Sr Process Control Engineer
Support Honeywell (business) deliver innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of customers. You will work under limited supervision and alongside some of the world's most talented engineers. You will contribute to the development of Honeywell's next generation (product) by designing, testing and validating products/processes from prototype to market. You will be part of a group of highly committed professionals who provide expertise to ensure the success of complex engineering projects and programs while acting as a mentor to more junior engineers. You will interact with internal and external customers in order to facilitate the completion of products to customer specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities supporting Instrument Engineering includes:
Complete instrument and control device selection, sizing, and specification as required for the defined projects.
Complete instrument location plans, building and shelter instrument layouts, instrument installation details, and related drawings as required by the defined project.
Responsibilities supporting Process Controls includes:
A broad knowledge in Instrument and Controls Engineering practices and procedures.Ability to develop I/O list, control narratives, start-up manuals and C&E matrix using internal & vendor P&ID's and collaborating with other disciplines.
- Ability to lead commissioning & programming activities: PLC programming, loop checks etc.
Complete architecture for DCS and safety system. Preferred experience with AllenBradley, DeltaV, and Honeywell based systems.
Support and review package equipment and controls of purchased equipment and packages to provide an overall coordinated control package.
- Have a working knowledge of industry standards and guides for instrument installations in the oil and gas industries.
- Work is performed in an office environment, however, assignment may require minimum travel.
YOU MUST HAVE
- BS degree in Electrical, Chemical or Controls Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in controls engineering Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.Experience with PLC or DCS control system
- Deep understanding of electrical engineering standards and specifications
- Capability to complete demanding assignments by applying advanced electrical engineering methods and tools
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams to deliver optimal solutions
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions and balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness in an ambiguous environment
- Clearly and concisely convey subtle or complex messages to a variety of audiences
- Capability to follow guidelines and ensure efficiency on given project tasks
- Job ID: HRD1005
- Category: Engineering
- Location: USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.