Honeywell Sr Engineer - Gas Treating in United States
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies is a global leader in providing customers with high-performance solutions, including fluorine products; specialty films and additives; advanced fibers and composites; intermediates; specialty chemicals; electronic materials and chemicals; and technologies and materials for petroleum refining.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Chemical Engineer in Gas Treating Engineering in UOP’s Equipment team at Gurgaon. The Gas Processing Engineering group is responsible for the engineering design of a range of related gas processing technologies including Separex membrane systems and various solvents and adsorbent related technologies. Working in a project team environment to develop heat and material balances, process flow diagrams and piping and instrument diagrams, size and specify gas processing equipment including vessels, pumps, heat exchangers, compressors, piping and related equipment. The technologies involved will be diverse and cutting edge.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
· Perform gas processing process design work as required to produce Schedule A or Enhanced Process Package design packages working as a member of a design team and perform studies relating to revamp of existing processing units.
· Independently carry out responsibilities and engineering/technical assignments using GP and engineering standard methods and procedures.
· Participate in the maintenance and development of design tools and documentation.
· Work under limited supervision. Technical guidance is available for unusual matters.
· Decision making includes the use of sound engineering judgment where necessary as well as routine issues / problems.
· Provide Sales Support assistance asassigned.
· Provide guidance to less experienced engineers.
· Run process simulation tools for design and alternate cases.
· Size process piping and run hydraulics and heat and mass balance calculations.
· Develop project specifications including all major equipment.
· Coordinate the development of the PFD and P&ID flow diagrams.
· Complete assigned design work per the agreed budget and schedule.
· Will be responsible as the Team Leader on projects.
· Keep Project Manager informed of progress on assigned tasks. Bring any problems with man-hour overruns or schedule delays to the Project Manager as early as possible.
· Attend and actively participate in project team meetings.
· Contribute and participate in customer meetings as assigned and agreed with the Project Manager/Team Leader.
· Apply current design practices and tools for completion of assigned tasks.
· Be familiar with the work process and quality policy and apply as appropriate to each project.
· Document all calculations and work processes in a clear, concise format.
· Develop skills in a specific Gas treating technology to eventually become a Process Specialist.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering is required.
· 10+ years of design engineering experience in the refining or petrochemical industry is required.
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
· Experience in solvents project design, start-up, troubleshooting and field checkouts is desired.
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team based environment.
· Ability to travel globally up to 10% on an annual basis.
· Good analytical skills and sound judgment.
· Technical or application mindset.
· Strong presentation skills including MS PowerPoint, leading meetings, customer presentations.\
· A broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures. Ability to complete moderately complex assignments.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.