Honeywell Sr Adv Manufacturing Engineer- Electrical Products in United States
Sr Adv Manufacturing Engineer- Electrical Products
The Electrical Products Sr. Adv. Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for all Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) activities related to New Electric Product development and launch in production. They will partner with Electrification Line of Business (LOB) Leaders and other Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Functions to drive product and process manufacturing strategies, Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and cost to grow the business.
• Estimate internal Manufacturing Conversion Cost on New Product Designs working in close cooperation with AME Centers of Excellence (COEs – Assembly, Balancing, Wheels) and Advanced Manufacturing Technology (AMT) team.
• Evaluate Product Manufacturability and proactively suggest Design Changes to reduce product cost and improve quality, driving DFM, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA) and Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) to target in the High Speed Electric Machinery manufacturing process domain.
• Document prototype build findings and drive design changes where needed
• Define Core/Non-core Manufacturing Strategy for New Product Designs, leading Make vs. Buy Process working close with Supplier Base management (SBM) / Eng. Procurement and Should Cost team (Function inside SBM that make an analysis on the components cost)
• Lead early decision on manufacturing site selection working with Supply Chain Team
• Actively supports AME COEs and AMT and drive generation & protection of Intellectual Property (IP) for key internal new manufacturing processes in the High Speed Electric Machinery manufacturing process engineering domain (e.g. develop IP, patented design features, trade secrets with equipment and tooling suppliers, etc. )
• Supporting AME Leaders on strategic planning and Annual Operating Plan (AOP) activities for the Electrification LOB.
• Drive and apply a robust closed loop process and Management Operating System (MOS) for enhanced Product | Component | Process Design Optimization to drive DFM / Design for Cost and MRL to target with Project Manager.
• Drive components manufacturing to meet internal assembly needs in respect of DFM and Cost Targets with Engineering Procurement Expert
• Lead R&D activities in the High Speed Electric Machinery manufacturing process in order to create sustainable differentiation through continuous development of foreground IP in close collaboration with AME COEs and Product Engineering Community.
• Supports deployment of talent strategy to develop internal expertise & skills in High Speed Electric Machinery manufacturing processes in the AME, Plant Manufacturing Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
• Provides leads for succession planning to staff process expert positions with top talent & diversity, while leveraging cross-HON expertise
• Fosters partnership across Strategic Business Group (SBG) Experts Network, Equipment Suppliers and Manufacturing Organization
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar field
• 6+ years of previous working in automotive industry preferred; or similar industry with high volume production processes
• 4+ years of Electrical Engineering experience with orientation towards electro-mechanical systems (ex. high speed electric motor) Manufacturing, Assembly and Testing
• 6+ years of experience with high speed motors/generators (>20kRPM)
• 6+ years of experience in manufacturing process development, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) process
• Ability to effectively manage relations with internal & external customers, and suppliers.
• Ability to communicate concisely at all level inside and outside the company
• Expertise in manufacturing processes for stators & rotors including design for manufacture
• Experience in automotive industry a plus
• Second language is a plus.
• Flexibility to travel world-wide
• Able to form personal relations which facilitate effective virtual meetings (telecons and Net Meetings)
• Seeks out information and techniques from outside his own team (literature, industry, universities, internet)
• Strong understanding of process/technology development and industrialization processes
• Strong problem solving abilities
- Job ID: 00328023
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.