Honeywell Service Engineer - QCS Systems in United States
Service Engineer - QCS Systems
Why choose Honeywell?
At Honeywell, we are building a world that’s safer and more secure, morecomfortable and energy efficient and more innovative and productive.
Honeywell creates solutions linked to global macro-trends that improve qualityof life for people around the globe — generating clean, healthy energy, andusing it more efficiently; increasing our safety and security; enabling peopleto connect, communicate, and collaborate; and equipping our customers to beeven more productive.
Our core businesses – Aerospace, Home and Building Technologies, Safety andProductivity Solutions, and Performance Materials and Technologies – areleaders in their respective industries, driving solutions that make people’slives better every day. Chances are that there are Honeywell products allaround you right now.
A career at Honeywell offers infinite possibilities within a diversified,global organization that is helping to help solve the world’s toughestchallenges and improving quality of life for people globally. We invite you inour quest.
Why would you wantthis role?
This is an exciting opportunity for aSystems Engineer to join our Lifecycle Solutions and Services Team supportingour Paper Machine QCS systems. In this rewarding opportunity, you will workwith a team of 4 engineers servicing our NW England Paper customers as the mainsite engineer for one customer in North Cumbria, providing field servicesupport for Honeywell installed systems. You will be recognised as the focalpoint of contact at Honeywell for your assigned customer base, which willprovide opportunities to build a strong reputation within the industry.
As a Systems Service Engineer (QCS) you will be primarily be responsible formaintaining Honeywell QCS systems but with wider opportunities in installing,upgrading and configuring system upgrades and new systems when required.Expected to work to the highest safety and quality standards, with minimumsupervision.
- Represents Honeywell in all customer interactions in a manner that isconsistent with Honeywell values.
- Observe and operate both Honeywell and customer safe systems of work, complyingwith all legislation.
- Actively participates in installation / configuration / implementation& commissioning of Honeywell’s product range to meet customerspecifications.
- Maintain the customer equipment to the required standard.
- Understand customer needs and able to resolve issues through technicalknowledge, knowledge of the customer’s site and contacts and use of theHoneywell support network.
- Use open two-way communication style both internally and externally withHoneywell customers.
- Develops relationships beyond the normal contacts and is able to adviseother Honeywell staff who the key contacts are, decision makers, recommenders,ratifiers. Is viewed as a focal point for support by the customer organisation.
- Proactively seeks to establish opportunities for the development ofproduct applications to enhance the customer process.
- Understands the cost structure of service agreements and makesappropriate cost effective decisions.
- Awareness of the implication of those decisions on the P&L.
- Awareness of the commercial issues relating to projects, is able to estimate,design and produce well-structured solutions from customer specifications.
- Diagnosis and rectification / management of issues in complexapplication software.
- Utilises and contributes to the development of QMS documentation.
- Ensure timely communication to provide effective turn around on customerfeedback and billings.
- Provides technical information to the sales team on major works andsupports them in the development of estimates and proposals.
- Provide out of hours cover as part of an on-call rota.
What are we lookingfor?
We are looking for a passionate,personable service engineer with a working knowledge of QCS Systems and thepaper-making process. In addition, your experience dealing first hand withcustomers will serve you well in this role.
- Proven experience providing maintenance support on Electronic/Mechanical control systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer handling skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Clean Driving Licence
- Working knowledge of Honeywell QCS Systems and Products
- Proven experience working on Paper Machine measurement systems
- Degree/HND in an Engineering discipline
*Competitive Salary and Benefits*
Closing date – 14 th June 2017
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.