Honeywell Senior Buyer m/f in United States
Honeywel l is a global leader in the areas of technology and advanced manufacturing processes. In almost 100 countries around the world, about 132,000 employees develop and manufacture reliable and state-of-the-art-products in the fields of Aerospace, Transportation and Power Systems, Specialty Materials and Automation and Control Solutions.
Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) helps industrial customers around the world operate safe, reliable, efficient, sustainable and more profitable facilities. We offer leading technologies from the plant floor to the boardroom as well as comprehensive lifecycle services that help to ensure more productive and stable operations. A business unit of Honeywell International, HPS has pioneered process automation control for more than 40 years with a continuous evolution from legacy process control systems to today’s leading innovations such as Experion® PKS, protecting our customers’ investments in automation assets. With more than 12,000 employees around the world, HPS has the global expertise and breadth of resources to execute projects of every size and complexity in the oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, industrial power generation, chemicals and petrochemicals, biofuels, life sciences, and metals, minerals and mining industries.
For our site in Osnbrück (Lotte) we are currently looking for a
Senior Buyer m/f
With a good mechanical and electrical engineering understanding you will be buying products and or materials to support our customer orders, often bespoke Engineered To Order products.
· Analysis of purchasing volume in order to identify cost reduction projects
· Analysis of seller market
· Preparation and execution of RFQ’s (Request for Quotations)
· Performance of e-Auctions
· Performance of cost comparisons and price analysis
· Negotiation of prices and supply conditions
· Supplier selection and award decisions
· Drafting of contracts as preparation for finalization of supply contracts
· Supply assurance
· Performance of purchasing tasks, like placing PO’s, conducting expedits, reviewing order acknowledgements, assessment of requirements, maintain master data, technical clarification with other functions.
· Development of supplier and commodity strategies
· Supplier development (address deficiencies and establish action plans)
· Coordination of local purchasing activities in conjunction with Global Commodity Management
· Optimize supply chain (e.g. free-issued material versus material bought by outsourcing supplier)
· Support of inventory reduction programs
· Leading transition projects
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completed commercial apprenticeship or equivalent experience
- Experience in strategic-technical purchasing, ideally internationally
- Knowledge of contract law
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical commodities
- Well versed handling of SAP and MS Office
- Willingness to travel (25%)
- Competent appearance, negotiation skills, good communication and assertiveness
- Business fluent English and German. Dutch and French would be nice to have
- Team player
Please apply online at www.careersathoneywell.com Job code HRD1683.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Staffing Specialist – Katarzyna Komorowska at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit us at www.honeywell.com
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.