Honeywell Research & Development Engineer in United States
Job Description – CPS (Connected performance services)
- Develop and deliver reactor, kinetic and process models which meet the needs of R&D, Sales Support and connected plants
- Use understanding of kinetics, mass transfer and reaction engineering to make innovative contributions to PMT technology development efforts
- Deliver modeling solutions to enable customers optimize/improve their performance
- Utilize insights from data science to derive new solutions or extend current ones
- Develop enhanced work processes and modeling techniques
- Monitors scientific and modeling literature to understand the state of the art, and makes recommendations for acquisition of new modeling equipment or tools.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills to understand and document customer requirements and to effectively convey recommendations to other disciplines.
- Knowledge of process simulation and numerical methods to solve ODEs and PDEs
- Understanding of optimization techniques (multi-objective optimization) and data science principles is a plus
- Good statistics background with emphasis in non-linear parameter estimation and experimental design
- Excellent computer programming skills (Fortran, C, C++, C#, Visual Basic)
- Knowledge of one or more of UOP process technology domains: Oil Refining, Petrochemicals, Gas Processing, or Renewable Fuels
- Ideal candidate is high-energy, creative, and a self-starter, who demonstrates technical excellence and is comfortable working in a team environment
A PhD in Chemical Engineering with 0-1 year experience in modeling, process simulation, process development or reaction engineering
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.