Honeywell Research & Development Enginee in United States
Job Description: Molecular Modeling Specialist
Honeywell India Technology Center at Gurgaon is a regional technology center for Performance Materials and Technology Business of Honeywell.The center has focus on development and application of technologies in area of Petrochemicals and Refining, specialty products, Resins and chemicals, Fluorine products.
The Application research and modeling group is seeking a computational chemist for supporting catalysis research.
The candidate will have strong scientific leadership within UOP and external scientific community, with solid understanding of current state of the art in molecular modeling.Candidate will be expected to study heterogeneous catalysis through molecular models using programs such as VASP, CASTEP, and DMol.Interpretation of results in terms of thermodynamics and kinetics to build structure-activity relationships is a must. The candidate will have ability to clearly communicate written and oral scientific findings in the context of overall project goals and is expected to interact with catalyst development teams to understand development issues, with focus on the research side.
Desired Experience/ Skill Set:
- The candidates with solid grasp of thermodynamics/kinetics and computational chemistry methods with experience in heterogeneous catalysis using software programs such as VASP, CASTEP, DMol or related density functional theory programs to model solids and surfaces.
- Experience linking molecular modeling results to experimental measurements. Understanding of experimental data such as IR, Raman, NMR, UV-vis, XRD, and XAS.
- The candidate should be proficient with C/C++ and/or Fortran programming
- Some laboratory based skills in catalyst synthesis, testing and characterization considered a plus.
- Ph.D. in Computational Chemistry and 0-2 yrs experience in an industrial R&D organization
Key Behavioral Competencies:
The candidate should have excellent communication skills, able to work independently, with a collaborative spirit, highly motivated with focus on goals and demonstrated ability to work across reporting boundaries in industrial R&D. The candidate should be willing to help develop the molecular modeling team in HITC by tutoring and/or sharing knowledge with other team members.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.