Honeywell Project Controls Specialist in United States
Project Control Scheduler
The Project Controls Specialist will be allocated to large and/or multi projects in Europe area, and functionally reports to the Projects Controls Supervisor for Project Execution Center located in Bucharest, working closely with the program and project managers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining project cost tools used by project managers to measure, forecast and track project related work. Work is usually office based but depending on individual project requirements the position may require travel to and / or work in customer facilities or remote construction locations.
• Accountable for accuracy & timely delivery of all project & management estimates, reports & forecasts for costs, revenue, billing & schedules on allocated projects.
• Ensuring that all project control activities such as cost management and control, project estimating, change management and schedule management are executed in a timely fashion and in accordance with all company standards and contractual requirements
• Analyze projects Incurred to Date (ITD) costs and estimate to complete (ETC) costs. Ensure quality of projects Estimate at Completion (EAC) cost forecast analysis
• Assembles and compiles schedule and cost data and inputs into the project control database and provides output to the project team
• Support Project Managers in managing and maximizing project margins
• Supports the Project Management team in maintaining timely and effective change management processes, procedures and systems
• Develops and maintains status reports including Cost Performance reports, project schedule status, financial analysis and earn value curves reports
• Ensures the accuracy of earned value data on allocated projects
• Actively participates in project review meetings. Provides clear, accurate project assessments and gives proactive advice to drive successful project completion.
• Responsible for project control procedures compliance on allocated projects
• Performs project cost risk analysis, develops project contingency budgets
• Manage the receivables and payables balance on allocated projects, checking accuracy of invoices
• Assist other project controls team members as required
• Works with Operations Management and Finance to assist in Business Planning & Analysis
• Participates in internal and external audits
• Development of project controls tools & methodology
• Will assist in resource planning, on a monthly basis, on allocated projects
• Working with Program/Project Managers to produce accurate cost estimates for change orders, maintaining the change log
• BS Engineering Management; Business or Finance degree; or commiserate related experience
• Relevant experience in Finance and/or Project controlling areas
• Experience in oil & gas, automation or electronics industry preferred
• Advance skills on project cost control activities in project business environment
• MS Office & SAP Projects Module
• Finance & cash flow – concepts, processes, planned, actual, forecast
• English Language required
• Good analytical skills
• Good knowledge of cost estimating, tracking and control
• Good knowledge of contracts
• Business planning & analysis
• Communication skills – oral, written, presentation
• Negotiation & conflict management skills
• Cost risk analysis/contingency management
• Total Quality Management concepts
• Proactive, helpful, constructive, integrity & open communication
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.