Honeywell Product Manufacturing Engineer in United States
Product Manufacturing Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Join a team that applies its technical expertise and knowledge to ensure products that are produced with high quality and efficiency. You will be a technical expert with responsibility for product and process application. You will ensure product integrity manufacturing output and continuous improvements working with factory operations.
This role is responsible for developing welding techniques, procedures for the application of robotic welding equipment and programming of robotic welders. Conducts research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Translate engineering requirements into producible welding parameters
- Develop weld parameters and program robotic welders to automat manual welding
- Influence product designs based on the capabilities of robotic welding techniques
- Develop welding techniques and procedures for robotic welding operations
- Inspect weld joints and conducts tests to ensure welds meet company standards, national code requirements, and customer job specifications
- Conduct certification tests for qualification of personnel with national code requirements
- Work with SCAs to plan the development of welding procedure specifications (WPS) and welding programs for the automated welding systems
- Ensure all programs for automated welding systems have all critical documents developed and approved prior to release of profiles to production
- Assist or perform welding equipment setup and communication
- Assist or perform robotic weld gun calibration
- Perform verification of weld equipment performance
- Perform assembly tasks
Train operators for production use of equipment
25 Problem resolution
20 Project management
25 Data analysis
10 Risk avoidance
20 Product compliance
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Some years of related technical, hands on experience welding aluminum
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or ability to obtain one within 12 months of employment
- Knowledge of Fanuc and Fronius welding systems and software
- Working knowledge of MIG/TIG and robotic welding processes for Aluminum, and Steel
- Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) and American Weld Society (AWS)
- Ability to spot and diagnose problems, as well as engineer solutions
- Project experience from concept to installation
- Ability to self-learn a new system
- Welding knowledge of advanced high strength steels, aluminum and alloys
- Ability to teach operators how to use equipment in a production atmosphere
- Proficiency with enterprise tools (i.e. SAP, Teamcenter, etc.)
- Clear, concise, and complete verbal and written communication
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Power Point)
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt Honeywell User Experience Design Studios
- Some Travel Required
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD7189
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.