Honeywell Paralegal in United States
The IP Analytics Department of Global Analytics and Legal Services (GALS) group is looking for ‘Patent Paralegal’ who will provide patent portfolio/filing and administrative support to Honeywell Strategy Business groups.
Roles and responsibilities:
Invention Disclosure and Patent Committee Review
• Maintain list of active WIDS and associated notes from PC meetings
• Schedule patent committees and send agendas
• Send authorized patent filings to outside counsel, update IP manager, and track progress
• Send novelty searches to IPA and save search results and comments to local patent drive
• Could streamline by having globally accessible file system to store such documents
Foreign Filing Management
• Run docket reports foreign filing deadlines and solicit input from attorney and PCs.
• Send instructions to outside counsel or Patent Services on all foreign filing decisions
• Calculate patent filing awards on periodic basis
• Enter award amount into US payroll system. Send notification to site leaders to process payment
• To process patent awards on monthly basis including gathering data directly from IPM, calculating award amount, and sending payment process request to local site payroll or HR lead.
Maintenance Fee Review
• Quarterly review of all granted patent maintenance fees
• Generate reports and send to IP lead for input. Track amounts saved each year.
• To generate quarterly reports and send to business and track progress.
• Generate periodic patent reports for R&D leads and patent bulletins.
• Generation of Biz Patent Bulletin
• Quarterly patent reports
Outside Counsel Interaction
• Review and respond to multiple outside counsel requests varying form billing information to ensuring in house IP counsel responds to substantive matters.
• Maintain local patent drive for key patent documents, including novelty searches and notes, and patent filings
• Open passport numbers for various IP billed matters and communicate to OC or IPA.
Skills /Competencies and Abilities:
1. Prior experience of dealing with time and data critical functions getting things done quickly with few, if any, errors.
2. Prior experience with large databases is required; experience with a commercial IP management system such as IP Manager, CPA, Aanaqua, or CPI preferred.
3. Prior experience with patent paralegal/docketing is desirable
4. Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Power point, Visio etc.)
5. Proficient with advanced functions & formulas, create interactive charts using Excel
6. Analyzing data using Pivot Charts, insert graphic objects and quickly transform business data into informative reports using PivotTables
7. Generate management and weekly reports quickly and accurately
8. Prepare routine and adhoc status reports.
9. Create pivot tables and modify spreadsheets to achieve analytical goals.
10. Manage spreadsheets and maintain data accuracy to ensure accurate data availability for managers and decision-makers.
11. Knowledge of creating Macros in Word and Excel would be an added plus.
12. Prior experience in working on docketing software
13. Self-motivated, dedicated team player who will take a proactive approach to suggest efficiency improvement and automation in existing processes in the Legal group
14. Ability to work independently and timely at a distance from direct supervisor
15. Must have good attitude and should show commitment towards the given responsibilities.
16. Excellent verbal / written communication & interpersonal skills.
17. Flexible with the working hours. May need to work from 12 PM to 9 PM to have partial overlap with the US team timings.
18. Basic knowledge/Awareness of Intellectual Property esp. Patents
19. Experience in Patent search and awareness of patent procedures, patenting techniques, would be an added advantage.
20. Experience working in a multi-national organization with remote co-workers is highly desirable.
21. Good international business English communication skills both written and spoken with the ability to deal across cultures with business clients whose first language may not be English
22. Extraordinary attention to detail as any errors may result in the loss of valuable IP rights.
1. Bachelor‘s degree with 2-5 years of professional experience
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.