Honeywell Mechanical Installation Lead in United States
Mechanical Installation Lead
Intelligrated, now part of Honeywell, is seeking a Mechanical Installation Lead for our growing team!
This position performs and helps direct the Mechanical Installation or revision of conveyors and associated systems at customer sites. Accomplishes tasks using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools following layout drawings and manufacturer’s instructions, utilizing knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical machinery. Relies on prior conveyor experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals. Works under general supervision of Mechanical Installation Supervisor.
- Operates conveyor equipment/machinery through trial runs to ensure that quality and conveyor rates meet specifications
- Demonstrates proven knowledge with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within conveyor systems installations
- Repairs or replaces worn or defective equipment/machinery
- Modifies previously installed equipment/machinery to ensure compatibility with new units
- Conducts investigative tests, repairs, and overhauls installed equipment
- Documents all inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures
- Utilizes a wide range of hand tools; large tools will be supplied to use, but it is expected that they will be used in a manner that will leave them in the condition they were in when returned
- Works under direction supervision to accomplish duties and tasks that reflect substantial variety and complexity; expected to lead and direct the work activities of 5 or more employees with a “hands on” approach to the work
- Applies mastery of skills and adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization
- Performs housekeeping and general clean up duties
- Reads drawings and does proper layout using datum lines and other references
- Layout and install ceiling support header/hangar steel as needed
- Documents tasks and progress using Excel and/or Word
- Fills in for Installation Supervisor during absences as needed
- Works with the customer directly if working off shift or in case of Supervisor absence as required
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may regularly be required to do manual tasks which include the use of hands to finger and hand controls. Tasks may also require the ability to talk or hear. The associate may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Other abilities include possessing the capacity to learn, concentrate, think and read. Oftentimes, the associate will be communicating and interacting with others while working.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate(s) in this position. Associate(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may work indoors; work area may not be environmentally controlled, possibly very hot or cold conditions. Some areas may have exposure to contaminant and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light to heavy items, etc.
- May work on a ladder, mezzanine, or etc. May work in cramped areas or involve awkward positions; may climb over and around material and equipment.
- You may be required to wear personal protective equipment in accordance with regulatory agencies.
You must have:
- 3 years of experience and/or training in the mechanical field.
- 2 years exclusively working on conveyors.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Job ID: 00355912
- Category: Customer/Product Support
- Location: United States - Nationwide - Up to 100% Travel
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.