Honeywell Manager Sr Project in United States
Manager Sr Project
Sr Project Manager
This is an exciting time to join Honeywell's Capital Program Management Organization as we kick-off the year with $110M in projects under management. As a Sr Project Manager / Capital Program Manager (CPM) you’ll have the opportunity to showcase your basic project management capabilities and help shape the strategic future of the team. You’ll have end to end / cradle to grave leadership responsibility for a $5M to $10M portfolio of diverse HW and SW projects, as well as multiple opportunities to participate in process improvement assignments throughout the year.
While the organization aligns to the Chief Technology Office, the team manages all Engineering capital projects regardless of the initiating Strategic Business Unit. In addition to planning, managing, and executing AOP Approved projects the CPMs work closely with each Engineering Organization and the Customer Engineering Leaders throughout the calendar year to identify and prioritize new projects using the Continuous Capital Planning Process.
The primary measures of individual success are:
- Monthly and Quarterly Forecast Accuracy
- Milestone Fidelity and Coverage
- Resource Fill Rate
- Earned Value Management Implementation
- 5-yr Portfolio Health
Additional measures of organizational success in which a CPM plays a crucial role are:
- Participation by the user community in process / tool training
- Linkage back to the Greensheet Business Case relation to Capital Spend
- Existing process improvement and new process development
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Review, approval, and submission of Capital Appropriations (Funding) Requests via HARS system
- Scope, schedule, budget and resource management within multiple cross-functional teams via established MOS criteria to ensure successful execution of the agreed to Statement of Work
- Project-level Risk and Opportunity Management
- Project-level Change Management
- Project-level Milestone establishment, statusing, and schedule impact analysis
- Project closure through Fixed Asset Accounting
- Establishing and executing a well targeted communication plan that keeps leadership appraised of project status, as well as impact to portfolio metrics and business case
- Preparing and presenting project reviews, as required based on project size / portfolio complexity
- Read, write and speak English
You Must Have:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Science, or Business from an accredited university
- 5 years of Project Management experience is required
- 2+ years using Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Green Belt Certified
- 3+ years experience working with and supporting virtual teams
- Due to control export regulations this particular position requires US citizenship status
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, with an ability to quickly and positively influence others in a rapidly changing environment
- PMP or other similar certification
- 3+ years experience in the Aerospace industry
- Ability to deal tactfully and confidently with peers and leadership at all organizational levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships and to influence across organizational, functional, and geographic boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, to anticipate problems and opportunities, and to be an effective change agent
- Highly motivated, goal, and results oriented
- Strong process orientation
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Travel to the US and/or Internationally
- Job ID: 00345291
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Moca, PR PRI
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.