Honeywell Lead Cryo Engineer/Scientist in United States
Lead Cryo Engineer/Scientist
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is looking for a highly qualified cryogenic engineer/scientist to apply their knowledge of cryogenic systems for unique industrial applications.
The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of low temperature physics, have intimate knowledge of cryogenic systems and techniques, and will provide innovative techniques and approaches to advance the state-of-the-art.
In this role, you will lead cryogenic research and development projects, and assist in developing new concepts, writing project proposals, and developing new technologies for future products. Apply previous experience with low and ultra-low temperature systems to design and develop new systems and to support low temperature laboratory experiments.
50 Lead cryogenic research and development projects
25 Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and improve cryogenic systems
25 Perform trade studies
YOU MUST HAVE
- U.S. citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain government security clearance
- Master’s Degree in Physics, Engineering or related field
- Extensive experience with cryogenics principles, systems, and standard techniques (Graduate work inclusive
- Demonstrated leadership of technical teams contributing to collaborative cryogenic system designs
- Formal background with cryogenic systems and infrastructure intended for experimental research of fundamental physical phenomena (e.g., condensed matter physics, high energy physics)
- Demonstrated experience and innovation in the design, construction, and/or operation of cryogenic equipment
- Proven track record of developing custom cryogenic systems that account for experimental equipment (e.g. sensors or detectors).
- Experience with vibrational analysis and/or the design of systems to mitigate vibrations
- Demonstrated experience with modeling, simulation tools, and analytical techniques in related fields
- Experience working with high and ultra-high vacuum equipment
- As a top candidate, you will have strong organizational, leadership skills, and be good at working and negotiating with customers, partners, and colleagues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- PhD in Physics, Engineering or related field (or PhD degree expected within the next six months)
Nonexempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: 00358503
- Category: Technology R&D
- Location: Golden Valley, MN USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.