Honeywell HSF Technical Manager in United States
HSF Technical Manager
Location: Rolle, Switzerland
Reports to: HSF Global Technical Manager
1. Project Management and Quality Focus:
In this cross-functional role, you will be part of a
team managing the ACT portfolio of New Product Introduction (NPI) projects
targeted for the Honeywell Security & Fire (HSF) GBE. You will ensure that
such projects comply with defined process and quality performance objectives
and that the resulting integrated product or system is released in a planned
To do this you will provide R&D Oversight for all
projects under your control including the supervision of the review,
negotiation and acceptance of:
- The preparation and tracking of Annual Operating Plans (AOP)
- The product requirements specifications as submitted by the business customer
- The project development and quality plans as established by the contracting Global Development Centers(GDCs)
- The project deliverables such as design specifications, product components, verification reports, and ultimately the end products
- Track projects against agreed scope, schedule, cost, and
- Manage release to factory for manufacturing, or to the hosted production environment for hosted/cloud based products and solutions.
You will also be responsible for managing the ACT
Intellectual Property (IP) under your control as well as identifying and
facilitating new business.
2. Engineering Processes focus:
As Technical Manager you will not only oversee the
management of the supplier relationship from a pure project execution
perspective, but will actively influence the product engineering operations of
the GDCs globally. In particular, you will:
- Deploy ACT defined engineering processes, practices,
tools, and measurement systems
- Lead initiatives to improve process and quality
- Lead GDCs to the certification and sustenance of process
- Assure the adherence to defined process and product
- Promote best practices, knowledge sharing including the
organization of training, mentoring, and assessments of such practices
- Build software improvement processes with key
partnerships with Program Management, Quality Management, Software Product
Lines Management, and Architectural Management
- Build robust processes for controlling multiple projects
and build a NPI pipeline process : Tracks NPI metrics, Signs off NPI releases
Bachelors degree in computer science, software/hardware
engineering, or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.
7+ years Software/Hardware development management
Project Management experience in large, multi-year
Familiar with modern product development and quality
management methods, tools and practices.
Coordination and ability to interact with multiple
functional groups across the globe
Good communication and leadership skills
Fluent in spoken and written English
Ability to travel worldwide ca. 20%
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.