Honeywell DevOps Automation Engineer in United States
DevOps Automation Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Home and Build Technologies is seeking a DevOps Automation Engineer. The candidate will be working with our back office scrum teams. The candidate will participate in the ongoing process of automation activities to improve the overall efficiency and stability of our services within the organization. Support and extend the development environments as needed. Requires a technical, result oriented candidate focused on continuous improvements to application development, deployment and monitoring.
You will be given the opportunity to take your proven experience and…
• Build and scale new and existing application environments
• Collaborate to enhance automation and continuous delivery platform
• Create solutions to manage and monitor infrastructure and operations
• Use tools to detect issues before they impact customers
• Design tools and design processes for the deployment, configuration, and scaling of production applications
• Maintain and manage development services for various environments (build servers, deployment solutions, configurations, etc.)
40 Build & Test
30 Package & Release
30 Configure & Monitor
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study
• Experience with system analysis, automation, and/or configuration management
• Experience with configuring alerting and monitoring solutions
• Working knowledge of the use and administration of source control and build systems (preferably GIT and Jenkins).
• Basic experience coding in the .NET Framework using C#
• Experience working with docker containers and container management.
• Experience managing and querying data using the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
• Exceptional documentation skills
• Desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and processes
• Knowledge of testing frameworks and harnesses
• Working knowledge of configuration management tools (Octopus, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
• Demonstrates proficiency in Windows and Linux based software environments
• Proficient in automating tasks using scripting languages such as PowerShell or bash
• Strong understanding of networking concepts: TCP/IP, DNS, routes, etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot network and connectivity issues
• Experience working with log aggregators and log analysis tools
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Some Travel Required
- Relocation Provided
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req107790
- Category: Engineering
- Location: USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.