Honeywell Chief Engineer in United States
Chief EngineerThis is an exciting opportunity within the Chief Engineering group in the Product Integrity organization in Aerospace’s Engineering and Technology function. Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B+ SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
This role, reporting to the Director of the Product Integrity Chief Engineers, serves as the System Chief Engineer for application of Bendix King platforms and includes the following responsibilities:
- Design Authority for application of BendixKing systems – ensuring safe, robust and cost effective designs are defined and developed in support of these applications
- Alignment of platform applications with BendixKing technical strategic roadmaps and business strategies
- Chief Engineer interface to internal and external customers of BendixKing systems/products
- Drive technical adherence to platform strategy in individual program/project execution
- Ensure robust execution of the IPDS process
- Critical integration leadership for BendixKing technologies and requirements with current and future OEM platforms/applications
- Leadership of safety assessments and support of same to internal and external customers and regulatory agencies
- Mentor for future Systems Chief Engineer(s)
Skills and Attributes required for this role will include:
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; decide and act without having the total picture; achieve success despite ambiguity; comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Action Oriented: Works hard, full of energy; seizes opportunities when they arise, bias for engagement
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of current and emerging practices, methods, and information relating to discipline and application within the industry.
- Command Skills: Rapidly Assesses situation and decides on corrective action response, emerges as leader.
- Vision and Purpose: Creates and communicates vision that is aligned with company goals and business needs; dedicated to success; inspires and motivates.
- Conflict Management: Makes conflicts opportunities for improvement; strives for win / win resolutions.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers; applies firsthand customer information for improvements; establishes and maintains effective customer's relationships.
- Leadership Courage: Emerges as leader in ambiguous situations, leans forward, identifies areas needing improvement and drives for change
- Managing and Measuring: Able to interface with remote sites. Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and establishes diagnostics and metrics; monitors results; delivers timely and objective feedback on accomplishments.
- Priority Setting: Ability to identify and focus on key drivers; seeks diverse opinions when establishing priorities; stays the course.
- Problem Solving: Finds effective solutions based on root causes; seeks diverse opinions; applies six sigma procedures.
- Ethics and Values: Adheres to code of conduct; lives by Honeywell values; encourages right behaviors.
- Flexible and open leadership style: Ability to adapt to changing systems, processes and projects
This position will be based in either Phoenix, AZ or Albuquerque, NM.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 15 years of experience in aerospace engineering
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification required
Additional Qualifications :
- Demonstrated technical leadership in electronic systems, hardware, and software engineering domains
- Demonstrated leadership capability including abilities to lead and influence technical, management and customer community
- Broad technical knowledge of aircraft, aircraft subsystems, certification methods
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.