Honeywell Business Development Manager in United States
Business Development Manager
Outside Sales Representative – Kenya Reporting to the Smart Energy Business Leader for Africa the business development leader will develop a comprehensive strategy to support long term business growth targets for the Honeywell Smart Energy SBU for Electricity, Water & Gas metering. They will coordinate with the regional marketing and sales teams to focus on Utility customers to drive and meet growth targets. They will also grow Honeywell Electrical and Water Metering Products/Solutions presence in the projects segments and raise demand and generate awareness among key end-users, general contractors, consultants’ designers, developers. Additionally they will Identify new consultants designers, present Honeywell SE offering, help to understand technical advantages against competition and ensures Honeywell SE is specified or helps to specify the projects together with Sales Support.
Be the front line seller who drives sales, identifying and generating opportunities for different kinds of customers. You will foster client satisfaction by maintaining regular customer contact and managing customer expectations. You will develop customer relationships through attending trade shows, seminar, and similar events. You will provide education of Honeywell product through technical presentations, seminars and workshops. You will maintain, and provide reports and opportunity status using our customer relationship management system. You will provide competitive intelligence and market trends. You will provide forecast/demand input to Sales Inventory Operations Planning (SIOP).
Drive business growth by discovering new opportunities, clients, and customers
Deliver value by forging new strategic relationships
Grow your knowledge of Honeywell products in a team-based culture focused on innovation and customer satisfaction
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent. Some experience in the field.
· Current knowledge of latest trends of utility metering market
· Several years’ business development and experience in sales/marketing of utility related products/services/solutions.
· A track record of profiling & pursuing major accounts at the highest level and in initiating and closing major deals
· Work experience within big end-user in Residential projects
· Will have at least 3-5 years’ experience within utility serving industry in technical or sales positions, managing a network of indirect sales channels, ideally across several EA countries
· Familiarity of working within the EA geographic and utility markets and of building effective working relationships across diverse cultures would be useful
· Experience of developing effective customer relationships at senior levels within large national/multinational accounts
· Excellent negotiation, listening and communication skills. Experience in establishing and keeping contacts with senior executives
· Good command in English, both written and spoken. Native is plus, and French is desirable
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD1128
- Job Function: Sales
- Relocation Tier: No
- Security Clearance:
- Aviation Authority (FAA for US):
- Band: 03
- Referral Bonus: 0.00
- Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
- Location: Kenya
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.