Honeywell Buyer in Mexico
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
This position would work on getting quotes, Issuing Purchase Orders, Expedite or Reschedule out deliveries to meet the Key Delivery Metrics & Inventory goals for the site. Work with the Vendors and communicate back on the status. The Buyer will be responsible for savings by negotiating better prices and payment terms. Will also be involved in driving e-sourcing activities, WALT Metrics, Vendor Localizations & making sure the suppliers get paid as per their payment terms.
1. Source the vendor for assigned parts and negotiate price and terms per Honeywell Global Sourcing guidelines when needed
2. Obtain Quotes from Suppliers for Procurement of Materials
3. New suppliers needs to be added in the system with the approval from the Sourcing Management
4. Process Purchase Requisitions for Direct materials in Oracle & SAP/Other ERPs systems. Maintain 100% accuracy on PO Price, Payment Terms, Need Date
5. Ensure PO's are issued in compliance with all Sourcing policies & procedures as per the business.
6. Follow up with the suppliers to get timely confirmations & validate them
7. Expediting factory shortage and make sure high performance of supplier On Time Delivery (OTD), On Time To Request, and On Time To Re-Committed (OTTR’d)
8. Push outs to be successfully actioned to maintain a minimum level of Inventory.
9. Understanding of the Preferred source of supply & the materials Procured
10. Invoice Hold issues are resolved timely to make sure no material hold
11. Provide the payment status to suppliers when requested
12. Any Ad hoc requests in order to resolve invoice, payment , PO & Vendor related issues
13. Manage PO PPV and drive vendor year-to-year productivity. Follow the PIA process for any price increase
14. Collaborate with site receiving team to resolve on - dock issues
15. Manage the Return order process & credit recovery for the assigned materials.
16. Drive the assigned HOS element within the team & individually comply with all HOS requirements.
20 Identify opportunities at individual Purchase Order level to negotiate with the suppliers for achiev
20 upport PO Automation and other automation initiatives as per the directions from Sr.Buyer/Commodity
20 Identify & Support eAuction by conducing E-Auctions at individual PO level
20 rive WALT,LT Reduction & Localisation Projects for the assigned materials/suppliers with a guidance
20 Analyze the Indivitual weekly OTTR,OTD,OTTRd Metrics misses & come up with the appropriate long term
1. A Bachelors degree with minium of 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management.
2. The candidate must have prior experience in Direct Procurement
3. The candidate must have good knowledge in MS Office.
4. The candidate must have excellent interpersonel skills and communication skills with all levels of employees and management as the candidate will be required to lias with supplier counterparts in US, EMEA & APAC regions.
5. The candidate should have experience in handling multiple ERP's (SAP, Oracle etc)
6. Exposure to Lean, Six sigma & Project Management is also desirable. But not must.
7. Knowledge on E-Sourcing/Auction is preferable.
8. Good Negotiation Skills
9. Ability to multi-task and work in challenging environment
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Job ID: HRD7595
- Category: Procurement
- Location: MEX
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.