Honeywell SR Software Engineer in India
SR Software Engineer
- Capable of successfully leading engineering activities for medium and large complex projects. Ability to work with diverse cultures and customers. Willing to travel to remote locations in the region. Specific customer standards
- Quality, standard work, schedule of deliverables, technically responsible for, delivery of project, customer expectation, management, proposal support, direction of stream leads, Responsible for estimating, Change Orders using standard, processes and tools (bidman)
- Delivers the high level technical solution. Knowledge of multiple disciplines
- Acts as technical interface with customers, establishing professional relationships to ensure that the project requirements are fully defined and agreed.
- Ensures that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule, and budget) are in place prior to commencing work.
- Produces functional and concept technical design specifications and provides technical leadership, support and expertise for assigned projects
- Ensures that the engineered solution meets project requirements in terms of functionality, standards, quality, and supporting documentation and implementation process at minimum cost by allocating work assignments to project team fully utilizing standard builds & standardized work
- Monitors and controls assigned work scope against the project plan, ensures effective change control and identifies risks / opportunities.
- Proactively recommends potential quality and efficiency improvements within the engineering group
- Shares technical knowledge with project team, supervisor, own discipline and other engineering disciplines
- Actively contributes in the pre-engineering phase of a project. As such, identifies to the customer which information is required before project starts.
- Assist sales organization in defining and estimating the engineering/technical scope of work.
- Assist project manager in defining and estimating the engineering/technical change of work.
- Reviews and assists customer with developing SOW/RFP/RFQ and specifications
- Supports and consults C&E; attends software related pricing, concept, and customer review meetings
- Supports and consults Sales and Marketing; provides guidance relative to base/standard products, documentation, and user guides available
- Leads the development and documentation (using the application guide format) of standard logic subroutines, identifies needed development efforts or tools for frequently implemented applications
- Assist all levels of Software Engineers with debugging and resolution of logic issues, ensuring any logic improvements are rolled into the standards
- Communicates to all software engineers information about logic standards, issues, and improvements to the base logic standards
- Attends all project related turnover meetings and functional design reviews
- Manages program requirements and standards
- Attends all customer related approval meetings
- Consults Software Engineering on system architecture, description of operation, functional specifications, interface documents, gap lists, and requirement specifications
- Consults Project Engineering or CSS on project phasing (Tie-Ins, SWs, Cut-Ins) as a Software Project Team (integrated projects)
- Ensures SOPER activity is in line with program requirements and standards
- Monitors project progress and issues from a program perspective
- Monitors/audits code review and QA activities in line with program requirements and standards
- Ensures proper drawings standards and update practices are followed, maintaining consistency across program accounts
- Ensures proper test plans (Internal, In-House, Site, Commissioning, and Acceptance) are created
- Performs project audits (site or remote) to ensure program account standards are being met (software products and system functionality)
- Supports critical customer acceptance/BUAT/UAT/FAT as required
- Reviews and consults on open issues; assist with any customer escalations
- Contributes to lessons learned post-mortem engineering review, providing program account expertise and historical perspective
- Leads research and development efforts for replacing Obsolete Hardware and/or Software components. Ability to clearly communicate project specifications and requirements to a 3rd party vendor if applicable.
- Take a lead role in identifying Software development tools to help future project implementations and efficiency.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 3-6 years of Software Engineering experience is required.
- Experience with integrating other Honeywell/Intelligrated and third-party systems Abilities:
- Proficient in project management skills
- Proficient in financial & budget knowledge
- Advanced in C++, SQL (or relevant database knowledge)
- Advanced proactive, strong customer satisfaction ethic
- Advanced ability to develop and maintain relationships with customer key project personnel.
- Advanced proven ability to work with and/or lead a small team (4-5 members).
- Advanced strong communication skills to work with colleagues and customers from many nationalities.
- Advanced capacity to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Advanced ability to work with diverse cultures and customers.
- Patience, understanding and non-confrontational approach for difficult customers.
- Ability to train, coach, and ‘lead by influence’Knowledge:
- Has an understanding of the marketplace and general business environment
- Understands and is familiar with the use of quality principles i.e. TQM
- Understands what the key business excellence initiatives are within Honeywell
- Understands how different functions within his/her own organisation interrelate to each other
- Understands and is familiar with the Honeywell values
- Knows the overall key business objectives and goals
- Understands Honeywell’s overall financial strategy in terms of revenue growth, profit growth, working capital improvement, shareholder value goals
- Understands appropriate project methodology in risk management, control of working capital and change management and works to current standards referenced in GPM (Global Project Management)
- Understands the importance of health and safety aspects to be able to manage projects properly
- Job ID: req114726
- Category: Engineering
- Location: IND
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.