Honeywell Project Manager in United Kingdom
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
Why you would want this role?
Home and Building Technology (HBT) is the leader in gas detection, fire systems, building controls, home comfort, security, Energy Metering and Energy Management Solutions and metering.
In January 2016 Honeywell acquired Elster Metering Ltd, the world’s leading Manufacturer of SMART meters and associated products this acquisition complete it product and service offering within the Smart Energy division of HBT. The UK Smart Metering programme in particular offers us one of the most advanced combinations of core technology expertise within Honeywell for the connected home.
What are we looking for?
Honeywell are looking for an experienced, and talented individual to join our team as Project Manager. Within this part of our business the project manager will work on bespoke and one-off projects for our customers. You will have the opportunity to be involved with these projects from tender, right through to commissioning. These projects in particular focus on gas measurement and control projects, taken through the G17/GL5 design approval, so we are looking for bright individuals who have experience of taking projects through this channel.
What will you be doing every day?
• Co-ordination, management and leadership of Projects function
• Development of Projects capabilities, processes and efficiency
• Promote total project ownership culture from sales handover to completion
• Regular project meetings and provision of management reports
• Planning and resource scheduling of Project and CAD Engineers
• Development and increased efficiency of project processes and methodology
• Supervision of sub-contract labour (office) and services
• Supervision of contract review.
• Checking and verification of engineers work.
• Project launch, management and delivery of specific engineering projects to tight deadlines and budgets.
• Support at bid preparation stage
• Close liaison with clients, suppliers and internal staff.
• Overall project P & L with regular commercial reviews
• Verification of all technical aspects of the project.
• Generation, monitoring and maintenance of Project Programmes.
• Conformance to company Quality, H & S and Environmental policies and procedures
• Maintenance of robust audit trail of all projects
• Assistance as necessary for off-site activities e.g. project mtgs, inspection, installation, commissioning, servicing etc. with clients and suppliers
• Provision of training for clients and staff when requested
• To perform any other tasks or duties that may be necessary to interchange any areas of responsibility in the event of sickness or holidays at the discretion of The Management and which The Management feel reasonable.
What skills and experience do you need?
• You will have very extensive and proven experience working within running teams/project management
• You will be degree educated, preferably in an engineer field such as mechanical or electrical
• You will have a strong knowledge of the G17/GL5 design approval system, and have worked on projects through this before
• You will have experience of managing projects within the gas measurement, and metering sector
• A solid SAP knowledge and experience is critical
• Commercial control experience is key for this role
• You ideally will be a chartered engineer member
What’s important to us?
• Excellent communication skills for interactions with team mates and cross functions
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to influence and persuade
• Inherent ability to inspire, motivate people through new and exciting targets
40 Schedule and Milestone development/mgmt
25 Estimation development and analysis
10 Budget analysis
25 Risk/OPP development and management
Exempt Five-Year Plan
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD6833
- Category: Engineering
- Location: GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.