Honeywell ACT Global Technical Director in Switzerland
ACT Global Technical Director
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity 1. Project Management Focus:
In this cross-functional role you will lead a team responsible for the ACT portfolio of New Product Introduction (NPI) projects targeted for the E&ES GBE. You will ensure that such projects comply with defined process and quality performance objectives and that the resulting integrated product or system is released in a planned fashion.
To do this you will provide R&D Oversight for all projects under your control including the supervision of the review, negotiation and acceptance of:
· The preparation and tracking of Annual Operating Plans (AOP)
· The product requirements specifications as submitted by the business customer
· The project development and quality plans as established by the contracting Global Development Centers(GDCs)
· The project deliverables such as design specifications, product components, verification reports, and ultimately the end products
· Track projects against agreed scope, schedule, cost, and quality objectives
· Manage release to factory for manufacturing, or to the hosted production environment for hosted/cloud based products and solutions.
You will also be responsible for managing the ACT Intellectual Property (IP) portfolio under your control for E&ES as well as identifying and facilitating new business.
2. Engineering Processes focus:
As Global Technical Leader you will not only oversee the management of the supplier relationship from a pure project execution perspective, but will actively influence the product engineering operations of the GDCs globally. In particular, you will:
· Deploy ACT defined engineering processes, practices, tools and measurement systems
· Lead initiatives to improve process and quality performance
· Provide leadership for agile transformation initiatives within E&ES play a critical role in deployment plans
· Assure the adherence to defined process and product quality standards
· Promote best practices, knowledge sharing including the organization of training, mentoring, and assessments of such practices
· Build software improvement processes with key partnerships with Program Management, Quality Management, Software Product Lines Management and Architectural Management
· Build robust processes for controlling multiple projects and build a NPI pipeline process : Tracks NPI metrics, Signs on NPI releases
3. Strategic Initiative Focus:
As Global Technical Leader you will also take a senior role in in important Corporate and HBT wide initiatives such as Software and Hardware Excellence, VPD etc. as required by ACT and HBT leadership.
• Such leadership will extend to all Technology and potential cross functional groups within HBT and will span beyond the scope of your E&ES focus.
50 Strategy development
30 Senior leadership interaction
20 Strategic planning
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
· Bachelors degree in computer science, software/hardware engineering, or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.
· 12+ years Software/Hardware development management experience
· Extensive experience in project Management in large, multi-year projects
· Familiar with modern product development and quality management methods, tools and practices.
· Coordination and ability to interact with multiple functional groups across the globe
· Excellent communication and leadership skills
· Ability to travel worldwide ca. 25%
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req114027
- Category: Engineering
- Location: CHE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
tionality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.