Honeywell Import/Export Compliance Officer in Canada
Import/Export Compliance Officer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
This position is responsible for leading the Aerospace Import/Export Compliance effort at Honeywell Aerospace’s Ottawa, ON site.
- Ensure full compliance with Canada and U.S. import/export/customs laws and regulations
- Provide professional guidance and import/export compliance support for all business activities
- Train other business functions to help them identify import/export licensing/permit requirements and ensure compliance with regulations
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for complex and high-level Corporate and Aerospace import/export compliance initiatives
- Work directly with Honeywell's Compliance departments to ensure full alignment to corporate policies
- Ensure all Canada export license/permit applications are accurate, timely, and fully reflect business requirements
- Coordinate internal compliance reviews and audits at site, including support for Honeywell Aerospace and Corporate audit initiatives to ensure compliance with all Canada and U.S. import/export authorizations
- Defend/support site against Canada import/export compliance site audits and customs investigations
- Maintain and oversee Technology Control Plans at site. Specifically, coordinate with HR, IT and security personnel to ensure security of site controlled technical data, including the management of foreign national employees and visitors
- Deliver timely metrics on export license/permit processing and export transactions at site
- Review repair imports to minimize licensing, export and customs holds
- Manage local broker(s), monitor performance, address local service issues
The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program environment. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
30 Submission of Export License request
25 Customs & Brokerage coordination
25 Export Compliance Reviews
20 General Import/Export Issues
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors or College Diploma
- 2+ years of Import/Export Compliance experience
- 1+ years of experience in drafting and submitting Canadian export license applications and proposed agreements required
- 3 years of industry experience with a multi-national, consulting, customs broker, import or export company
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills; assertive, strong initiative and customer focused with the ability to collaborate in a matrix oriented environment
- Strong working knowledge of Import/Export Compliance fundamentals - tariff classification, valuation and country of origin determination
- Extensive knowledge of the Canadian import/export licensing/permit regulations (Military and Dual Use) and US import/export regimes (ITAR and EAR)
- Good computer skills (MS Office). Knowledge of SAP helpful
- Proactive, well-organized, flexible, highly motivated with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Experience in communicating with governmental agencies and import/export control officials strongly preferred
- Possess a substantial working knowledge of Customs regulations in Canada and the United States
- Able to handle difficult and complex transactions using skills from experience or advanced training/education
- Understands the provisions and requirements of the various import/export control statutes and regulations, and the criminal liability, civil liability and administrative penalties for violating country specific regulations
- Has the independent authority to verify the legality of transactions and the accuracy of the information submitted and may inquire into any aspect of an import or export by Honeywell
- Defines and leads problem solving process to supports site goals and objectives. Establish most effective solution for complex problems involving interaction of several functions
- Drives to completion projects that are limited in nature and scope.
Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD7331
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.