Honeywell Project Engineer Sr Test in Torrance, California
Project Engineer Sr TestAt Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage
Honeywell Aerospace has nearly 40,000 employees around the world and 2013 revenue of approximately $12 billion. Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space. For more information, please visit aerospace.honeywell.com/ or follow us @honeywell_Aero.
This position will be based in Torrance, CA
The Sr. Test Mechanical Project Engineer assumes the role of a test lead in planning, coordinating, and executing projects and programs. We are looking for an individual with strong project management, leadership and ownership abilities, as well as test engineering skills.
• Deploys Earned Value Management as part of daily activities to control project schedule, budget, and scope.
• Conducts resource forecast planning and works with leadership team to close gaps if necessary.
• Compiles project data and information for presentation to peers, leadership, and technical forums to report progress on the project.
• Maintains and generates documentation required by policies, procedures, and engineering department.
• Performs and coordinates test design, development and/or analysis functions on advanced and complex engineering test projects. Leads and executes test programs.
• Develops solutions to technical problems specifically assigned or as they arise by applying advanced physical science, and engineering technologies.
• Designs and/or develops test systems for new products and unique equipment to meet specific requirements of customer orders.
• Develops and assesses equipment, tooling gages, or acceptance equipment and processing methods required to test complex components and assemblies.
• Specifies, initiates, and coordinates acquisition of resources and techniques.
• Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Participates in establishing operating procedures on new test systems and components.
• Compiles cost estimates and delivery quotations, monitors performance, and prepares reports, statistics, and recommendations for management review.
• Plans and performs engineering test programs and uses project management tools; advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve engineering problems.
• Interacts with design agencies and suppliers to assist in resolving test design, test development, and acceptance issues.
• Prepares evaluation reports, analyzes discrepancies, makes recommendations for and initiates the most cost effective improvements for test equipment, procedures, or operating processes that improve productivity and quality and reduce process time.
• Provides project leadership and technical guidance on complex engineering projects.
• Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HSE&F requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment.
• Takes actions necessary to 'stop' work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
• May perform other duties as required.
• Contributes and leads organizational improvements that contribute to lean culture and increased department efficiency.
• Compiles and shares lessons learned with peers for knowledge sharing of technical and project management subjects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering or related discipline
• Minimum 7 years of technical experience transferable to designing mechanical and test facility systems required to test pneumatic, hydraulic, refrigeration, heat exchangers, high-speed turbo-machinery components or systems
• Minimum 2 years of Project Engineering or Project Management experience.
• Due to Export compliance Program requirements, US Citizenship or US Lawful permanent resident status is required.
• Experience taking test requirements and designing a reliable test system, defining internal requirements for mechanical, instrumentation and data acquisition equipment required for the total test system. Project management experience preferred.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making, strong bias for action and task/role ownership behaviors.
- Job ID: 00353750
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Torrance, CA USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.