Honeywell Instrumentation Technician in Torrance, California
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Be part of a team that performs various analog and digital setups directed by Engineering, which will include the selection, setup, calibration and data acquisition of various sensors in different disciplines of development testing. You will participate in the development and certification of environment test functionality across multiple products and applications. This will enable you to support new products, processes, standards or operational plans within the organization's business strategies, with a direct impact on business results.
Grow and develop your technical knowledge in a team-based culture focused on innovation and customer satisfaction.
Support the drive of new concepts, standards and processes across functional areas.
Drive improvements in a challenging environment.
30 Test stand builds
YOU MUST HAVE
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics or related discipline; in lieu of degree, 4+ years of related experience
- Must be a US citizen due to contractual requirements
- Some experience with data acquisition equipment such as: Strip chart recorders, X-Y recorders, computer based digital data acquisition systems, signal analysis systems and applicable signal conditioning
- Have practical experience working withfabrication, modification and repairs of instrumentation
- Be able to find effective solutions based on root causes; and apply six sigma procedures
- Sound technical judgment and opinionstroubleshooting and repairing equipment failures in the field
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with other individuals in a team or project setting
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Some experience with computer systems; MS Windows, Linux, UNIX, MS Office, Excel, Word
- Familiarity with sensitive, data acquisition instrumentation such as strain gages, thermocouples, and proximity probes that will be in use during critical engineering design validation tests
- Understanding of electronics, electronic & mechanical instrumentation, Digital Signal Processing
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Nonexempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD1463
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Torrance, CA 90504-6099 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.