Honeywell Project Engineer II in Tempe, Arizona
Project Engineer II
Project Engineer II – Air Turbine Starters
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space. For more information, please visit aerospace.honeywell.com/ or follow us @honeywell_aerospace.
- The design, development and qualification of air turbine starter and air turbine motor programs which meet customer and internal requirements
- Leading IDPS and or DMAIC teams in establishing program plans with respect to cost and schedule
- Identifying and resolving design problems of performance, strength, weight, material selection and finishes
- Identifying and incorporating best practices for product design
- Implementing development and qualification test objectives, writing test procedures, and overseeing the preparation of test units and the conduct of tests
- Coordinating activities to reduce test data, prepares test reports and prepares recommendations related to the test objectives
- Support of Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) activities associated with development, production and field service problems
- The management and accurate and timely reporting of program budget, schedule, and technical issues
- Understanding and applying risk management practices to development and production/field support programs
YOU MUST HAVE
- Must be US Citizen, due to ITAR
- 1 year experience in engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline
- Six Sigma Greenbelt certified
- Strong problem solving ability
- Able to work with internal groups such as engineering sciences, design, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, business ops etc. to ensure that program objectives are achieved
- Able to build and maintain strong business relationships with external customers and to ensure that customer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in conveying technical ideas and concepts through team discussions, presentations and in writing
- Experience with Design-to-Cost (DTC) activities, manufacturing processes and techniques
- Job ID: 00355332
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Tempe, AZ USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.