Honeywell Commodity Manager in Tempe, Arizona
Manage all aspects of HON - supplier relationships - The Commodity Manager partners closely with other Aerospace Senior leaders to support the development and execution of the Sourcing Strategy for critical Honeywell Aerospace commodities and suppliers. The Commodity Manager is an agent of the corporation, in charge of multi-million dollar contracts and commitments, able to make financial commitments on behalf of HON Corp.
Key responsibilities include: generating global part family and supply strategies; developing pre-negotiation plans, negotiating agreements with suppliers within required timelines, conducting competitive market surveys and analyses, managing global supplier relationships and escalations, managing the business to the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), driving transition, Value Engineering and productivity projects for related commodities, developing Requests For Quotes, managing the export classification and clearance process, working closely with Partner Organizations on source selection, supporting supplier quality and recovery efforts, and developing suppliers to continuous improvement requirements.
The Commodity Manager participates in cross-functional teams across Aerospace to drive Honeywell's supply base to premier levels of performance in Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Service, and partners closely with Honeywell sites to ensure AOP targets are accurately developed and achieved.
This Commodity Manager is expected: to be able to come up to speed and manage his/her desk with minimal direct supervision, to be able to professionally handle the most difficult suppliers and commodities, to be able to develop and execute effective global sourcing strategies for assigned commodities with stakeholder input, to be able to role model the management of standard work and daily/weekly/monthly MOS, to demonstrate political astuteness to influence int/ext mfg strategy, to effectively manage skip-level communications and expectations, and to be assertive in helping drive the team to meet the group's goals.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline is required.
- 5+ year’s relevant experience in a supply chain procurement role.
- BS in Engineering, ISC or other relevant discipline.
- MBA is a plus. 5+ years of Integrated Supply Chain experience. Program management certification is a plus. CPM and/or APICs certification is a definite plus
- Capable of independently leading multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop long-term strategic plans and near-term annual operating plans
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team of people.
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional groups
- Supply chain strategy development & execution experience
- Multi-discipline and cross-functional experience
- Strong leadership, teaming, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated technical/functional knowledge
- Ability to multi-task projects and assess priorities in a complex and demanding environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills
- Bias for action/self-starter
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective facilitator, coach, and trainer
- Demonstrated program management skills
- Capable of working successfully in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to handle multiple customers/priorities with minimal supervision under challenging conditions
- CPM and/or APICs certification is a definite plus
- Job ID: 00354049
- Category: Procurement
- Location: Tempe, AZ USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.