Honeywell Sr Industrial Maintenance Technician - Linden, NJ in South Plainfield, New Jersey
Sr Industrial Maintenance Technician - Linden, NJ
Intelligrated now part of Honeywell, is currently looking to hire a Sr. Industrial Maintenance
The Industrial Maintenance Technician will operate within our customer’s facilities performing the maintenance function per the Intelligrated contract. The Industrial Maintenance Technician is critical to
the smooth operation of our customer’s distribution centers and will be required to perform troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance of our customer’s various material handling systems. The Customer Service Technician will take the initiative to coordinate with other departments the activities required for the safe and satisfactory completion of any job tasks. The Customer Service Technician will represent Intelligrated on site and will also need to follow our customer’s guidelines for general work practices outlined on site.
- Assists other Technicians in the repair and maintenance of equipment
- Completes work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures
- Diagnoses mechanical and electrical problems using technical drawings (e.g., blueprints, electronic/mechanical schematics) and diagnostic tools (e.g. multi-meter, laptop)
- Operates material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment; utilizes TCPiP as a troubleshooting/setup tool
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (e.g., pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to safety and quality procedures
- Troubleshoots and repairs complex electrical/electronic problems with equipment, networks, PC logic controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and external Input/Output (I/O) devices where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious
- Assists in the development of specific technical and training documentation; assists in the development of a Technical Support Help Desk/Troubleshooting Guide
- Provides resolutions to mechanical, technical/controls issues; documents all information relating to customer support issues in CMMS and Dashboard database; utilizes resources in other departments (when necessary) to expedite the resolution of conveyor related issues
- Provides information to the Customer Service Department and other members of management to enhance Customer Service success
- Follows up with customers and other departments to ensure issues have been resolved
- Participates in cleaning the conveyor systems and part cage as appropriate
- Maintains inventory of company supplied tools
- Completes appropriate paperwork in a timely manner
- Adheres to all department and company standards, operating procedures and safety requirements while contributing to improvement
May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assignedSr. Level Includes:Serves as a Technical Trainer to the Customer Service TechnicianTakes the role of the CSS Site Supervisor on days requiredAnalyzes and troubleshoots recoccuring issues and creates an ROI to support the change
35 Perform troubleshooting equipment repair and cleaning
30 Preventive maintenance
20 Diagnose mechanical and electrical problem
10 Performs mechanical and electrical installation or modification to Intelligrated &Legacy equipment
5 Complete various weekly reports
YOU MUST HAVE
- High School diploma or GED is required
- 2-4 Mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience required, (Sr level 5+ yrs.)
- 2-4 Electrical troubleshooting and repair experience required, (Sr. level 5+ yrs.)
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Shift work may be required.Sr. level requires ability to travel extensively
- Material handling experience in Conveyor, sortation, palletizers, and robotics is a plus.
- Controls Troubleshooting experience a plus
- Networking Troubleshooting experience a plus, but required for Sr. Level.
- Job ID: HRD6119
- Category: Customer/Product Support
- Location: ADI-SP 107 Corporate Blvd, Suites E&F, South Plainfield, NJ 07080 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.