Honeywell Friction Materials CNC Machinist in South Bend, Indiana
Friction Materials CNC Machinist
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Set-up and run CNC machine (Makino) to perform operations on fabricated brake discs.
- Operations performed include, but are not limited to, indicating of fixtures, offsetting of fixtures, milling, drilling, and grinding (of interior diameter) while maintaining specific tolerances and measurements, part of set-up and running of jobs, interact with computer-based controllers to enter or edit job program and tool selection information.
- In addition to machining, operator also air weighs brake discs to verify weight against specifications.
- Operator also uses CNC etching machine to etch serial number on brake discs following each machining cycle. Other work can involve using a CNC vertical lathe to remove flashing on non-woven brake discs resulting from the Chemical Vapor Deposition process.
- Work must also be completed within specific timeframes depending on production schedules.
- Processes also involve using, reading, and interpreting gages such as, but not limited to, hard gages, CMM's, and touch-off probes to complete and validate work.
- Understand and interpret complex blueprints, specifications, and operating instructions before and while running operations.
- Inspect parts blueprints and specifications, ensuring product meets specified quality standards. Update related paperwork/work instructions upon completion of tasks.
- Demonstrate safe work habits. Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly manner.
As a team member, demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems leading to continual process improvements and effectiveness of the team.
70 Operate assigned equipment
20 Support the Honeywell Operating System
10 Ensure compliance with internal procedures
* You Must Have: *
- High School Diploma
- Computer skills that demonstrate tile ability to use CNC interfaces to read, run and edit computer-based machine job programs.
- Math skills that demonstrate a basic understanding of arithmetic
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and measuring gages.
- Ability to learn quickly and follow procedures.
- Effective team contributor.
- Makes recommendations for improvement in processes.
- Some experience with operation of CNC machine equipment or equivalent military experience or in lieu some experience of set-up & operation experience, an associates machining technology degree is acceptable.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements. Why Our Employees Chose Aerospace
- Job ID: req90782
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: South Bend, IN USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.