Honeywell Sr Firmware Engineer in Singapore, Singapore
Sr Firmware Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Develop firmware for a variety of embedded products. You will create project and technical reports as required and help define product architecture as needed. You will participate in schematic/layout review process and test and evaluate prototypes from initial engineering samples to mass production. You will help maintain firmware servers and develop tools for internal use, including scripts and basic hardware interfaces. Aid in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of Honeywell's customers.
We invite you to discover why a career with Honeywell is the opportunity you have been looking for.
Help create innovative technologies that make the world cleaner and more sustainable, more secure, connected, energy efficient, and productive
Work along side some of the world's most talented engineers.
20 Develop software
20 Manage software applications
20 Creation of instructional technical manuscripts
20 Create reports Senior Engineer (Software) – Printer Platforms and Architecture
- Design and development of firmware platform and software for Thermal Barcode Printers
- Responsible for detailed design of software components, with the ability to derive optimal design proposals and conduct implementation
- Responsible for design documentation which includes feasibility reports, project schedules and scoping, product requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, development test reports, engineering change notices etc
- Responsible for performing validation on new design
- Responsible for tracking and execution of individual or smaller team project assignments
- You will work closely with other functions in the organization such as system test, program management, marketing, electrical and quality teams
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- At least 4 - 6 years of software development experience in C
- Experience in the following areas would be an advantage;
- Linux development environment
- Communication protocol stacks, such as 802.11 and/or Bluetooth
- Image processing and vector computation
- Real-time embedded systems
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM project team
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills
- A good team player, confident with project work, assertive and analytical, with drive and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills
Exempt Honeywell Technology Solutions
- Job ID: HRD2128
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Singapore, SG 486073 SGP
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.