Honeywell Plant Controller in Shreveport, Louisiana
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
UOP is a part of Honeywell’s Performance Materials and Technologies business group, UOP has more than 3,000 active patents, a global presence, and a century of experience using breakthrough
chemistry and engineering to power global growth. UOP provides reliable technical service and support, with expertise in plant operations, asset management, customized training, strategic and tactical support, troubleshooting, and engineering services. Our commitment to innovation is based on an extensive network of laboratories and pilot plant facilities. UOP’s worldwide sales, support and manufacturing facilities includes locations in the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
• Leads financial reporting for the Honeywell UOP Shreveport, LA. Manufacturing Plant and actively participates in the development and execution of the plant operations strategies and goals. Provide on going financial reporting & analysis to the UOP Shreveport Plant Director and ISC Manufacturing Controller including all site variance forecasting and analysis, and plant performance metric forecasting.
• This position will have the leadership role in directing the plant planning and forecasting process to include development and implementation of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Strategic Plan (STRAP), and preparation of the Plant Monthly Operating Review (MOR) for the site.
• A top responsibility of this position is the management of the general accounting process in accordance with US GAAP to include period closure, balance sheet account reconciliation, fluctuation analysis, manufacturing cost variance analysis, proper product costing, and PP&E accounting for the UOP Shreveport, LA site.
• This position will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of a strong internal controls environment to ensure compliance with Honeywell Corporate Policy and Sarbanes-Oxley while providing guidance to the plant on processes and policy. This will include submission of quarterly schedules including account reconciliation scorecard, site representation letter, internal controls scorecard, and maintenance of the site schedule of executive approvals (SEA).
• Provide financial guidance to the plant leadership team and ISC leadership through financial metrics reporting, capital investment economic analysis, productivity analysis, and manufacturing cost analysis.
Skills & Behaviors:
• Leadership – ability to lead and influence diverse, cross-functional teams.
• Business acumen – ability to help business teams create business objectives and then translate these into manufacturing operations specific goals and programs. Ability to understand business activities with a view broader than just the finance function.
• Presentation – strong verbal and written communication skills, able to effectively communicate financial information to non-financial people.
• Six-Sigma – Greenbelt certification or equivalent process improvement background.
• Strong work ethic – ability to management multiple, critical projects simultaneously and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly proficient in information technology financial applications particularly SAP, Hyperion and Excel financial models and Power-point
25 Plant Controller
25 Cost Accounting
25 Supply Chain
25 Working with Leadership
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Five+ years of Commercial business experience (i.e., business analysis, financial planning & analysis) is required
- MBA or CPA is preferred
- Experience working in a Supply Chain environment is preferred
- Solid Finance & Accounting skill-set, including Cost Accounting and FP&A
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred but not required
- Strong leadership, mentoring and people management skill
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to drive process improvements in a global environment
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Relocation Provided
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD385
- Category: Finance
- Location: ., Shreveport, LA 71107 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.