Honeywell Sr Supplier Quality Engineer in Shanghai, China
Sr Supplier Quality Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Supplier Development / Transitions:
• Provides functional and
cross functional leadership, training, and mentoring in particular Casting
& Machining related commodities.
• Ensures compliance and flow down of regulatory agency, government
regulations, engineering specifications, customer requirements and company
• Develop, implement and monitor the Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) or
Standard Transition Process (STP) and its associated methods / tools.
• Monitor and support selected future suppliers through the implementation of
the sixteen step APQP process.
• Functions as a liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and
suppliers to resolve quality issues prior to launch of new product (ensure
mature quality at launch).
• Aid the Aerospace Sourcing function in choosing capable suppliers using the
Strategic Supplier Quality processes in connection with APQP, SQIP, IPDS and
• Facilitates and/or supports supplier performance management reviews.
• Provides technical support to our customers during launch of new product.
• Support the Strategic Supplier Quality organization as required. Travel is
• Provides first line of approval to the aerospace supplier selection committee
on matters of controlled source, NADCAP, FAA and export compliance
• Provided guidance to Supplier Project/Product Managers to achieve goals in
accordance with established programs and timing.
• Interacte with supplier senior management as well as middle management and
individual contributor groups.
• Responsibility for supplier projects of large complexity and impact in terms
of cost, quality, methods, and employees.
• Establish operational objectives and assignments, and liaison/delegate
assignments to supplier management.
• Provide guidance to supplier with design, tooling, machining, layouts,
assembly, calculating cycle times, and process development is a must.
• Support the leading of cross functional teams, developing and improving
manufacturing/engineering systems, as well as, leading Lean manufacturing
• Work as the liaison between internal and external engineering, materials,
purchasing, management, quality and production to ensure new products meet
efficiency and delivery goals.
• Strong problem solving skills developing corrective actions using advanced
problem solving and six sigma techniques is required.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business, Management,
Materials, Supply Chain, or required. Master's degree preferred.
• The candidate must have 7-10 years of directly related work experience in at
least 4 of the 7 following areas: Manufacturing/Assembly Operations, Advanced
Product Quality Planning, Engineering Design, Design Manufacturing, Materials,
Procurement, Program Management.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Candidate must have Casting, Machining products & process knowledge.
• Candidate must have the ability to lead / mentor teams with strong program
management skills and a track record of coming through on commitments.
• The candidate must be skilled influencing and communication to drive
processes and resolve issues
• Strong persuasion and negotiation of critical issues, as well as demonstrated
creativity, vision and mature judgment in anticipating / resolving complex
• Advanced experience with Honeywell Aerospace products and/or Automotive
related products and customers preferred.
• A comprehensive knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning, Quality
Assurance Engineering and practices applicable to the manufacture of aerospace
products including regulatory, military, commercial, and industry/customer
standards (i.e., ISO9001-2000, AS9100, TS16949) is preferred.
• Certified Green belt required - Lean Expert / Black Belt preferred.
• Candidate must be fluent in English
Exempt Celebrating 100 Years In Aviation
- Job ID: HRD1980
- Category: Procurement
- Location: Shanghai, CN-31 201203 CHN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.