Honeywell Product Manager m/f in Seelze, Germany
Product Manager m/f
Support, manage and direct all of the product marketing activities for [insert product line or business]. You will own the end to end product line and will be accountable for product profitability. You will work closely with people at all levels of the organization to maximize growth, development and return on investment of the organization's product portfolio. You will integrate inputs to develop distinctive product plans with outstanding financial outcomes.
Develop robust product plans to deliver outstanding financial outcomes
Have a direct impact on the addition of new products for a fortune 100 company
Contribute ideas to the strategy formulation process to have a positive impact on the product line growth
20 Manager Product Life Cycle
20 Value base price strategy
20 Conduct market research
20 Promote Brands
20 Voice of the Customer
Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT) is a global leader in developing advanced materials, process technologies and automation solutions. PMT's Advanced Materials businesses manufacture a wide variety of high-performance products, including environmentally friendlier refrigerants and materials used to manufacture end products such as bullet-resistant armor, nylon, computer chips and pharmaceutical packaging. Process technologies developed by PMT's UOP business (www.uop.com) form the foundation for most of the world's refiners, efficiently producing gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, petrochemicals and renewable fuels. PMT's Process Solutions business (www.honeywellprocess.com) is a pioneer in automation control, instrumentation and services for the oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, industrial power generation, chemicals and petrochemicals, biofuels, life sciences, and metals, minerals and mining industries.
Research Chemicals consists of several world renowned brands including Burdick & Jackson®, Fluka®, Chromasolv® and Hydranal®.Honeywell has been a respected pioneer in inorganics, solvents and other essential chemicals for over 200 years.Academic, industrial, and pharmaceutical customers located in over 140 countries rely on our research chemicals for their advanced technology, optimal performance and added value.
Rare opportunity to join a world class organization and have the opportunity to leverage your product management and operational expertise!For our location in Seelze, Germany we are looking for a
Product Manager (f/m)
As the Product Manager , you will be responsible for driving growth and profitability for Research Chemicals within the context of functional jurisdiction.This is achieved by defining ‘value pricing’ for products, managing product data, and supporting the overall go-to-market and channel strategy of existing and new product offerings.
You will be responsible for positioning Honeywell Research Chemicals as a market leader by working closely with Marketing and Technology to execute on the business roadmap, and oversee product success over its entire lifecycle.
This role requires the targeted management of employees to ensure productivity and serves as a liaison with other departments and plant leadership in prioritization of projects.
The Product Management Supervisor evaluates and develops personnel to ensure operations are efficient.He/she is responsible for ensuring all employees are properly trained and qualified to perform their assignments and that they participate in cross-training to increase flexibilities.
- Responsible for the development and execution of product management strategies to achieve or exceed the business unit goals and objectives. This includes: optimizing product portfolio, launching new products and line extensions, managing product lifecycles, forecast, price, etc.
- Optimizes the contribution margin of products to achieve growth and profitability targets; drive to conclusions and actionable recommendations for the Business.
- Responsible for tactical product management and financial performance; understands value elements critical to customers; calculates value equations; estimates the value of Next Best Alternative (NBA);
- Maintains material master data within SAP and provides product data management support during implementation and maintenance of the Product Information Management (PIM) system.
- Supports SIOP (Sales, Inventory, and Operations Plan) process through accurate statistical forecasting of products to meet market demand.
- Regularly reviews the life cycle of products with the aim of optimizing the number of SKUs sold.
- Coordination of IOS (Inactive, Obsolete and Slow Moving Inventory) management for the business
- Cooperation with Procurement and Quality departments in determining the specifications for raw materials and supplier selection.
- Collects and analyzes key performance indicators to drive overall process improvements for team and functional role.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- In the future, will manage a 3-5 person staff of product specialists
- Education: College/University Degree e.g. in MBA
- 2-3 year’s work experience in product management in manufacturing field
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SAP;
- Mathematical/statistical skills;
- Demonstrated strong business acumen with the leadership and functional ability to define and implement growth strategies;
- Product knowledge desirable;
- Record of collaborating across functions, skills, cultural and organizational boundaries to define and develop product and service requirements;
- Demonstrated sense of urgency to achieve goals, identify and eliminate barriers, and capability to operate successfully in an unsupervised environment.
- Languages: Fluent in spoken and written English and German
- Fluent in English and German;
- Preferred supervisory experience, Team player and builder, receptive to ideas from others, who shares information and keeps team members and partners informed;
- Must be able to lead through influence versus command and control authority; Demonstrates strategic analytical and implementation skills;
- Must have the highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility; Passion for innovation and creative problem-solving.
- Job ID: HRD671
- Category: Marketing
- Location: Seelze, NI 30926 DEU
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.