Honeywell Senior Financial Analyst – Finance Site Leader in Santa Clara, California
Senior Financial Analyst – Finance Site Leader
Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 130,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity.
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Senior Financial Analyst – Finance Site Leader located at HEM’s Santa Clara, CA site. This role is an entry level leadership role within the Honeywell finance organization.
• Manage $10M of expenses for Santa Clara plant and Sunnyvale R&D center
• Provide technical accounting support for revenue recognition, accruals, expense recognition, and capital vs. expense decision making. Prepare and post monthly journal entries. Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
• Maintain a robust controls and compliance environment for site. Responsible for site internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, including income statement and balance sheet reporting, fixed assets, inventory, journal entries, and plant controllership. Support and complete Annual Balance Sheet Review and any applicable financial audits.
• Monthly and other recurring reporting, including month-end spend reporting and analysis, variance analysis, forecasting, productivity reporting, control scorecards, and metric tracking and reporting.
• Develop productivity plans with site and drive accountability to annual targets. Partner with site leadership team to drive financial discipline for site. Ad hoc reporting and measuring financial benefit of activities.
• Capital and resource allocation support for sites - including financial modeling and return on investment analysis for specific projects/investments. Influencing site to appropriate decisions.
• HOS (Honeywell Operation System) implementation- supporting ISC (Integrated Supply Chain) team as needed with financial metrics and support and be a key member of the HOS team, driving HOS compliance and implementation, and supporting daily / weekly HOS related tasks (Gemba, Cultural Alignment, etc.).
• Annual operating plan - lead process for site including presentation to HEM leadership team as needed. Partner with other disciplines at site. Create and update annual standard setting process for site, including ownership of standard cost results.
• 5 year STRAP (Strategic Plan) - provide and lead support role for site ISC team, including analysis of cost needed to support STRAP demand plan.
• Monthly / weekly forecasting process for ISC spending, production credits, and variances. Ad hoc forecasting and reporting as needed.
· Ad hoc Financial Planning & Analysis projects as needed to support HEM Finance Director
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business related field
MBA and/or CPA preferred
Experience with plant accounting, financial modeling, reporting, and analysis.
Understanding of accounting policies and G.A.A.P.
Manufacturing industry experience preferred, including standard cost process and variances.
Experience utilizing financial application tools, particularly SAP or an equivalent ERP system
Strong knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office
Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment
Ability to understand plant and business activities with a view broader than just the finance function
Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and communicate financial data to non-financial personnel
Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
Possesses excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Self-motivated and results oriented, proactive, and able to prioritize to meet deadlines
Strong attention to detail and capable of a high level of accuracy
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt
- Job ID: HRD1650
- Location: ., Santa Clara, CA 95054-2827 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.