Honeywell Sr Quality Engineer in San Luis Potosi, Mexico
Sr Quality Engineer will provide Quality oversight and support for Elster manufacturing operations in the form of audit and standards compliance management efforts in addition to regular line-level manufacturing quality support and oversight responsibilities. Job responsibilities include:
- Gathers, correlates and interprets SQL data related to yields, failure rates of components or assembly process.
- Work with manufacturing personnel to design / modify manufacturing and inspection equipment if is required
- Supports new materials, processes and/or equipment introduction (configuration / setup, debug, modification, calibration,…).
- Drives activities with multidisciplinary teams focused to define and coordinate recording, reporting and evaluation of all manufacturing issues related information.
- Manages and facilitates the assembly evaluation process. Based on performance results, defines and coordinates measures to deal with deviations between actual results and target performance and to initiate appropriate actions for achieving the defined targets.
- Uses detailed knowledge of equipment, personnel and processes to advise on content of manufacturing communications (RNs).
- Works with Commodity Managers to analyze and develop action plans related to manufacturing instructions.
- Identify and understand key process indicators, develop measurement methods, track, and develop action items
- Works with supply chain on findings and issues related to audits. Collects and maintains assembly process performance metrics. Analyzes yields, customer problem reports (CCRP), and RMAs to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work with personnel to design / modify materials and/or component inspection equipment and process.
- Serves as auditor and/or lead auditor for manufacturing and supplier audits.
- Remains up to date with industry quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Interpret UL, Measurement Canada and CFE regulatory and compliance requirements (assembly, calibration, material / component selection, handling, storage, etc).
- Identify, coordinate and implement changes required to meet new / modified requirements
- Works with auditors to thoroughly understand findings and issues, and develop mutually acceptable solutions
Knowledge • Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement Methodology (SS Certification is preferred) • Knowledge in Project Management is desired • ASQ Certification desired. • Quality tools management (core tools: PPAP, APQP, QCP, PFMEA, MSA) • Certified Lead Auditor for ISO 9000:2015 or ISO/TS 16949 • English (90%) essential • Elaboration of quality reports to client
Skills Positive, proactive, Leadership, problem solving ability, technical and assertive communication, responsibility, teamwork, management of continuous improvement, negotiation.
Job: *Integrated Supply Chain
Title: Sr Quality Engineer
Location: MEX-SLP-San Luis Potosi
Requisition ID: 00354687