Honeywell Oracle/MSSQL/NoSQL DBA in San Luis Potosi, Mexico
Oracle/MSSQL/NoSQL Database Administrator
The Oracle/MSSQL/NoSQL Database Administrator is a member of the IT Database and Web Hosting Services team. This shared services team is responsible for global database and Web service support. This role is to support Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, DBaaS and Mongo (NoSQL) Database Administration for various SBG’s Aero, HBT, SPS, PMT and CORP. This should be experienced role which involves in Tuning and Designing of the Databases.
About the position
The Database Administrator will reports to the Logical DBA CoE Lead of the Database and Web Hosting Services organization. This position will ensure operational support, stability and delivery for Database technologies like Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, Maria DB, DBaaS across platform in traditional and cloud environment. DBA will be working with the Aero, HBT, SPS, and PMT to ensure the infrastructure is optimal and humming.
- The Database Administrator will be responsible for the enterprise-wide administration of the traditional and open source databases. This includes large MPP Database Management Systems (DBMSs) such as Netezza, Mongo, PostgreSQL and noSQL.
- Responsibilities include database administration, architectural design, performance tuning, deployment, integration and support.
- The Database Administrator will be responsible for Physical and Logical DBA activities for both traditional and environment.
- The Database Administrator will design, build and support MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle and open source databases. This will include but not be limited to engineering, operational support, troubleshooting, remediation, configuration, refresh, migration and project based work.
- The Database Administrator should know all phases of the consulting lifecycle, should be able to define the problem statement, understand client’s business objectives, guide client in defining objectives for deployment and IT modernization, shape client expectation and provide best-fit architectural solutions.
- This person should have good knowledge of SQL scripting, DBaaS experience and ideally worked with Open source database technologies
- Key to this position is ensuring that we support and run with consistent and reliable availability ensuring that there is no infrastructure disruption to deployments or performance of our internal and external infrastructure or services that support our critical platforms. Proactive partnering and alignment with all Honeywell business units and global suppliers will be critical in this role.
- This person should have good knowledge of MySQL, PHP and Shell Scripting. This person should also have sound knowledge on the storage like SSD, Nutanix etc
- This person will also provide technical oversight of any critical outages and technical bridge calls that occur between multiple providers, business customers and IT functional teams.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models.
- Knowledge/Experience in data warehousing would be preferable.
Oracle/SQL/Open Source Database Administrator’s Responsibilities: - Design, develop, deploy and manage Oracle/MS-SQL/NoSQL Database environment - Monitor Database and Server performance and capacity planning - Software installation, configuration, patching and upgrades - Resolve configuration issues with database and Application tools. - Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models and perform when it is required. - Data modeling, design & implementation based on established standards - Database backup and recovery - Database connectivity and security - Performance monitoring and tuning - Capacity planning and disk space management - Automate manual tasks - On-call responsibility in support of 365x7x24 coverage - Assist and support the development and presentation for solutions which may include providing technical updates, documentation, demonstrations and executive presentations - Contribute and develop best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation and templates - Mentor and train new and existing team members - Serve as escalation point for technical or project related issues - Promote team spirit and work as a collaborative team player - Lead technical teams in a consulting environment as the situation dictates - Participate in special projects and work with cross-functional teams to improve processes and our service offerings - Project plans and project tracking documents including business case development and presentation - Support the development of design drawings, technical documentation, and support documentation - Standards or compliance documentation - Provide implementation guidance and support in the form of project oversight and coordination with Honeywell project management resources to ensure timely, on-budget completion of the projects - Develops new and/or improved implementation workflows to facilitate the rapid translation and delivery of customer requirements. - Drive increased automation and product integration for improved efficiency leveraging the Honeywell Operating System (HOS), Honeywell User Experience (HUE) and Agile methodologies
Key Qualifications: - Must have a minimum of 5 years of solid hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of database technology such as SQL, Oracle, noSQL and MySQL including analytical function is required - Must have minimum 3 - 5 years of solid experience of Database Tuning. - Must have minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with Database Platform including Governance Integration, Security and Operations - Star Schema Database design and data modeling background required -Strong knowledge of DBaaS, Linux, UNIX and Windows OS level including command line editors, scripting (shell, Python, Perl, etc.), file system and network troubleshooting - Experience in database performance tuning and upgrades is required - Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including: requirements gathering, design, coding, testing and production support
Other Experience Preferred: - NoSQL like Maria and Mongo DB - Experience working in large, multi-tenant platform environments is a huge plus - Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) - Experience in transforming to and from on premise environment to cloud technology - Analytical experience with spreadsheet analysis, public presentations, and data management
Attributes: - Strong technical leadership, customer focus and organizational skills - Strong interpersonal skills - Ability to act with customer and infrastructure communities in an attentive, proactive and responsive manner - Ability to influence in a matrix environment, demonstrating insight, tact, political acumen, and diplomacy - Ability to influence technical and leadership teams in a complex environment - Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of a diverse environment - Ability to effectively deal with critical outages and remediation efforts given risk activities - Demonstrated experience driving incremental improvements in our risk profile - Ability to work independently and manage multiple operational issues and initiatives with minimal supervision - Creative problem solving and negotiation skills - Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as good administrative skills - Ability to plan and manage budgets - Ability to provide a globally integrated, aligned approach to service delivery - Excellent technical comprehension of storage and recovery products - Anticipated travel for this role is 10%.
Basic Qualifications: - Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering/Information Technology or related field - Minimum 5 years of DBA experience at Enterprise IT level and 1-2 years of hands-on experience with NOSQL products such has MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra or Netezza - 5 years of experience supporting or managing multi-vendor environment in a global company - 3 years of experience with Cloud technology
Additional Qualifications: - Experience in enterprise Data Center operations - Ability to work flexible hours
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Oracle/MSSQL/NoSQL DBA
Location: MEX-SLP-San Luis Potosi
Requisition ID: 00354600