Honeywell HSF Technical Manager in Rolle, Switzerland
HSF Technical Manager
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Project Management and Quality Focus
In this cross-functional role, you will be part of a team managing the ACT portfolio of New Product Introduction (NPI) projects targeted for Honeywell Security & Fire (HSF). You will ensure that such projects comply with defined process and quality performance objectives and that the resulting integrated product or system is released in a planned fashion.
To do this you will provide R&D Oversight for all projects under your control including the supervision of the review, negotiation and acceptance of:
- The preparation and tracking of Annual Operating Plans (AOP)
- The product requirements specifications as submitted by the business customer
- The project development and quality plans as established by the contracting Global Development Centers(GDCs)
- The project deliverables such as design specifications, product components, verification reports, and ultimately the end products
- Track projects against agreed scope, schedule, cost, and quality objectives
- Manage release to factory for manufacturing, or to the hosted production environment for hosted/cloud based products and solutions
- You will also be responsible for managing the ACT Intellectual Property (IP) under your control as well as identifying and facilitating new business
Engineering Processes focus
As Technical Manager you will not only oversee the management of the supplier relationship from a pure project execution perspective, but will actively influence the product engineering operations of the GDCs globally. In particular, you will:
- Deploy ACT defined engineering processes, practices, tools, and measurement systems
- Lead initiatives to improve process and quality performance
- Lead GDCs to the certification and sustenance of process maturity.
- Assure the adherence to defined process and product quality standards
- Promote best practices, knowledge sharing including the organization of training, mentoring, and assessments of such practices
- Build software improvement processes with key partnerships with Program Management, Quality Management, Software Product Lines Management, and Architectural Management
Build robust processes for controlling multiple projects and build a NPI pipeline process : Tracks NPI metrics, Signs off NPI releasesunctional groups across the globe
20 Implement standards, processes and tools
20 Design Workload Planning & Execution
20 Ensure Robust Processes
20 Partner with customers
20 Strategy development
- Bachelors degree in computer science or software/hardware engineering
- 7+ years Software/Hardware development management experience
- Project Management experience in large, multi-year project
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Ability to travel worldwide ca. 20%
- Masters degree
- Familiar with modern product development and quality management methods, tools and practices
- Coordination and ability to interact with multiple functional groups across the globeility to interact with multiple functional groups across the globe
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD1905
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Rolle, VD 1180 CHE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.