Honeywell Field Service Engineer 1 in Redditch, United Kingdom
Field Service Engineer 1The purpose of this position is to perform and provide counsel on expert emergency, maintenance, testing, engineering, programming, designing, and start-up technical support across any type of Trend Building Energy Management System (BEMS) equipment, systems and subsystems (including software where applicable) from simple to complex in nature. The role performs or provides counsel on diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems (both hardware and software) beyond the capability of grade 2 and 3 engineers.
Grade 1 engineers may provide technical training, coaching, and work direction to other BMS engineers and subcontractors. Grade 1 engineers programming and engineering capabilities should also be superior and specific in nature to warrant the leadership level.
• Is undertaking Continuous Professional Development through Skillsoft Resource or Industry Accredited Learning
• Has attended all the required Training Courses as laid out in the Trend BMS Engineer Career Roadmap
• Has undertaken all the required Career Development Courses for the Technical discipline
• Display an understanding of advanced HVAC & mechanical plant operations (i.e. Enthalpy Control, Free Cooling, Energy-Efficient Operation of HVAC Plant, VT & CT circuits, AHU’s etc)
• Display a good working knowledge of electrical control panels (i.e. the ability to read wiring diagrams and carry out minor modifications if required)
• Understand the current Trend core products (Controllers & peripherals)
• Experience servicing / installing Trend Controls
• NVQ Electrical or equivalent / 17th Edition
• Can carry out pre-commissioning of controls (i.e. point to point checks.)
• Able to fault find and engineer simple BeMS networks (i.e. multi-LAN, networks involving IC Comms etc.)
• Can demonstrate basic computer operating skills (i.e. use of spreadsheets & word processing packages such as Microsoft Word or Excel etc).
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills at all levels, both inside and outside of the business
• Flexible and adaptable
• Customer/Team Focus – “Can do attitude”
• Demonstrates honesty and integrity
• Can demonstrate good customer facing skills.
• Committed to resolving customer queries, concerns & problems
• Strong commitment to safety and safe working environment.
• The ability to work under pressure.
• Ideally a track record in identifying service sales opportunities.
• Offers support to other engineers when required
• Will work a reasonable amount of overtime if requested by senior engineer or manager.
• Valid driver’s License.
• Participates in the call out rotas.
- Job ID: 00355477
- Category: Customer/Product Support
- Location: Redditch, WOR GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.