Honeywell Senior Research Engineer in Prague, Czech Republic
Senior Research Engineer
- Development and calibration of physics-based, control-oriented
real-time capable models for automotive powertrains using Matlab / Simulink /
- Development and calibration of virtual sensors/indicators and classifiers based on control oriented models, using advanced estimation techniques (example: Extended Kalman Filter (EKF) for IVHM
- Design of experiment (DoE) for control oriented modeling. Management of experimental campaigns (e.g. at the engine test bench).
- Develop intellectual property and new technologies to differentiate HAS products and services in area of modeling and sensing for turbocharged diesel / gasoline engines.
- Cooperate with a dedicated software team to turn research into software products. Preparation of
related documentation and manuals and assistance in release process.
- Manage customer projects (may require international travel), including validation of algorithms at customer site, customer-facing progress reports, translation of customer needs into technology requirements, preparation of written reports
- M.Sc. or PhD. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with good knowledge of control oriented modeling, physics-based modeling for automotive systems. Big data, Machine learning, regression are a plus.
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. C) and standard engineering tools Matlab/Simulink, basic knowledge of embedded platforms for automotive (rapid prototyping systems, ECUs), willingness to
learn new technologies / systems
- Good command of the English language, communication and presentation skills
- A passion for developing the automotive industry and the future of mobility, or an interest to learn
- Job ID: 00358594
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Prague, AA CZE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.