Honeywell R&D Scientist III in Plymouth, Minnesota
R&D Scientist IIIOptical Sensing Scientist - Plymouth, MN
Advanced Sensors and Microsystems, AT Engineering, Honeywell Aerospace
This is an outstanding opportunity for a scientist who will pursue applied research in the area of optical systems and atmospheric sensing. The potential areas of research, development, and applications are optical systems, lasers, optical systems design, ray tracing, optical detection, and atmospheric physics.
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations. The scientist will be expected to develop new concepts, write project proposals, and develop new technologies for future products. This will include understanding customer requirements, translating those into device and product requirements, performing trade studies, writing research and development proposals, project cost estimating, budgeting, and program management. The scientist must have strong organizational, leadership skills, and be good at working and negotiating with customers and partners.
• Master degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related degree required
• Minimum 2 years of directly related experience with optical systems, electro-optics, laser systems, sensor electronics, and/or sensor technology
• Due to export control, the candidate must be a U.S. Citizen, or a U.S. Permanent Resident who has applied for naturalization in the last 12 months
• Ph.D. in Engineering or Physics and/or Electrical, Mechanical, or Materials Engineering degree is preferable
• Degree in Physics is acceptable, provided the candidate has a hands-on laboratory background
• Analytical capability to design optical systems using tools such as optical ray tracing/simulation
• Expertise designing optical and detection systems using optical ray tracing/simulation tools
• Experience using Zemax OpticStudio Simulation software is a plus
• Experience with laboratory optical systems set up and measurements
• Knowledge and research experience with LIDAR systems
• Software modeling/coding experience with tools such as Python, MATLAB
• Experience and knowledge of atmospheric physics or meteorology
• Capable of leading, planning, and executing the development and testing of sensors, including debugging hardware and software desired
• The candidate should have strong communication and presentation skills
• Experience with program managing internal and external R&D projects including scheduling, milestone tracking, manpower planning, earned-value measurement, estimating and budgeting
• Willingness to travel (<10%)
- Job ID: 00344709
- Category: Technology R&D
- Location: Plymouth, MN USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.